Re: Mix of LOTW and paper card credits

  • Tim
    Message 1 of 10 , Sep 27, 2012
      I didn't actually catch that it was "current" (sorta like Honor Roll?) that mattered for 5BDXCC until you pointed it out! Thanks! With that hint I'm making sure that 4 cards go for card checking on 80M, enough to get me 101Total/100Current 80M DXCC and 5BDXCC. Thanks for the help!

      Wow, this is amazing, 5BDXCC. I've been a ham for 35 years now, but only chasing DX in any organized way for the last 3 or 4 years. I think without LOTW I never could've gotten organized enough to tell where I was or how far I had to go. Thanks, HQ guys, for setting up LOTW!

      Tim N3QE

      --- In ARRL-LOTW@yahoogroups.com, "w8jmf" <w8jmf@...> wrote:

      > Tim, Don't forget that for 5BDXCC you need 100 current entities on each of the 80-10 main bands. So if you have any deleted entities on 80M like I do, you are gonna have to take it a little higher.
      >
      > GL es 73, KT8D
      >
      > --- In ARRL-LOTW@yahoogroups.com, "Tim" <timshoppa@> wrote:
      > >
      > > I'm confused what I should do first in applying for 80M DXCC with a mix of paper and LOTW credits. So far I have 10, 15, 20, and 40M by all-LOTW, I applied for those through LOTW
      > >
      > > I have 97 DXCC entities via LOTW in LOTW already. I have three paper cards for three more entities for 80M to get me to 100.
      > >
      > > I think I'm supposed to do an "Electronic DXCC" application as referenced here: https://p1k.arrl.org/onlinedxcc/
      > >
      > > I think I fill out the form for the three paper cards, print it out, and get that piece of paper to a card checker or HQ with my three cards.
      > >
      > > But at what step do the cards combine with LOTW credit and I get to apply for 80M DXCC? (And after that I want the 5BDXCC plaque! You guys see where I'm going here :-) ).
      > >
      > > Does HQ combine them when they get the paper and complete the application, or do they credit my LOTW account and then I do the application later?
      > >
      > > Just confused. Sometimes I think this new method is called "Electronic DXCC" and other times I think it's called "Online DXCC" so please correct me if I used the terms wrong!
      > >
      > > Tim N3QE

    • Tim
      Message 2 of 10 , Nov 11, 2012
        Cool, the 80M DXCC certificate arrived in the mail on Friday!

        I got up to 98 with LOTW credits and then sent in 3 paper cards via a "onlineDXCC" application to get me to 101 total/100 current. Sent in the cards to HQ in late September, here we are first week of November with the process done.

        When LOTW came "back up" I saw my credits bumped up for the paper cards submitted in the awards tab of the LOTW website.

        Now to fill out the order form for the 5BDXCC plaque :-). And to start working on the DXCC's for WARC bands and 160M. That last one will take a long time!!! (Only at 20 entities confirmed so far!)

        Thanks for the advice guys. In particular thanks to KT8D, W8JMF, and others for reminding of "current" for 5BDXCC.

        Tim N3QE