Re: [ARRL-LOTW] some LoTW Stats

  • Jim Brannigan
    Message 1 of 60 , Aug 9, 2004
      Adding Awards would help, but I still see strange things.  In July, we had some spectacular 6M openings.  I had a chat with a vacationing WA4/VP9.   He liked the openings, but bemoaned the QSL card deluge.  I mentioned LoTW, but he said that he liked the post cards.  Subsequently I see a QSL on eQSL, but not LoTW.

      Go figure...

      No promotion outside QST readership.

      The need to integrate other awards into the process renders the LOTW listing of limited value.  They still need the card to use the credits elsewhere.

    • Art RX9TX
      Message 60 of 60 , Aug 12, 2004
        Hello K4IK,

        Wednesday, August 11, 2004 Joe Subich, K4IK wrote to ARRL-LOTW@yahoogroups.com:

        JSK> Again, I have LotW confirms for only two of 18 KU9C stations
        JSK> worked so it seems as if the participation is far from universal.

        Obviously all of KU9C managed stations logs, uploaded to the LoTW,
        were uploaded by the operators themselves, not the manager.

        > W3HNK: 1 QSO out of 39
        > W3HC: 0 for 8
        > AC7DX: 0 for 9
        > WA3HUP: 0 for 16

        Another obvious thing is that "big" managers usually do not greet the
        LoTW idea itself.

        --
        73...Art RX9TX 12-Aug-04 06:57 UTC

        "49% of the U.S. population belongs to some minority group."