Re: [ARRL-LOTW] Re: Crossband entries?

  • signal
    Message 1 of 11 , Aug 6, 2012
      Steve I don't know the answer. Maybe it has something to do with the settings in HRD options , you know the main options. There's a lot of settings in there. Take a look.

      Eddy N4BN

      On 8/6/2012 2:02 PM, w1kilofoxtrot wrote:

      Eddy and John,

      Thanks for your responses; that identifies the issue. HRD decided to fill in VFOB for my contacts. Thanks, guys...

      So, new question: How do I fix this? I tried uploading the QSO's with the 'track' flag set, but LOTW is still reporting as crossband. Am I being impatient, or is there something else I need to fix?

      73,
      Steve
      W1KF

      --
      If you do not feel comfortable with firearms, maybe you will be more comfortable as a victim.

      https://sites.google.com/site/n4abnradio/
    • Gary AL9A
      Message 2 of 11 , Aug 6, 2012
        I'm not sure about this one, but it appears LOTW is not replacing the existing records with your recently uploaded ones because the key fields it looks at are unchanged - date, time, band and mode.  Since LOTW sees no difference in these fields it may be treating your new uploads as duplicates and ignores them.  You may need to contact the DXCC desk or the LOTW folks to see what they have to say.

        73,
        Gary AL9A

        --
        If you do not feel comfortable with firearms, maybe you will be more comfortable as a victim.

        https://sites.google.com/site/n4abnradio/

      • Keith
        Message 3 of 11 , Aug 6, 2012
          I first ran across this issue a few weeks ago and someone told me to Create another log entry making sure VFO B was in the same band as VFO A and change the time by a couple minutes. Well this recommended technique works as I repaired the couple entries that I had issues with and now this needs to be my SOP with this logbook and LOTE uploads until I either decide to purchase 6.0 or transition to another log program such as Logger32. Still on the fence about changing to any other program as I think HRD is a good program overall. Perfect no but pretty darn good. And with Rick getting a K3 I have hopes that it will someday have much more expansive control capabilities of the Elecraft line in the future.

          Keith
          AG6AZ

          Sent from my iPhone please excuse typos

          --
          If you do not feel comfortable with firearms, maybe you will be more comfortable as a victim.

          https://sites.google.com/site/n4abnradio/

        • Charles
          Message 4 of 11 , Aug 7, 2012
            Opening an ALE window and selecting track frequency under the options menu resolved this problem for me. Charlie, K0LAF

            Message 5 of 11 , Aug 7, 2012
              Upon further investigation, I have to retract my statement. This approach did not fix the problem. I answered too quickly. Sorry about that. - Charlie, K0laf

              --- In ARRL-LOTW@yahoogroups.com, "Charles" <extraclassham@...> wrote:

              > Opening an ALE window and selecting track frequency under the options menu resolved this problem for me. Charlie, K0LAF

            • Henk PA5KT

                --
                If you do not feel comfortable with firearms, maybe you will be more comfortable as a victim.

                https://sites.google.com/site/n4abnradio/

              • Jim - N4ST
                Message 7 of 11 , Aug 8, 2012
                  Supposedly HRD 5.24.0.36 fixes the LoTW crossband problem.
                  It was released Aug 7, 2011

                  Jim - N4ST