Problem with new Yahoo format

  • John Meyer
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 4 11:44 AM

      Hey Guys –

      Is anyone else having the same problem I am with the new format for the ARRL-LOTW Yahoo Group?  The first e-mail in the Digest lays out properly.  However all following e-mails are a single word per line, like the following snippit:

      almost

      none

      of

      my

      existing

      DXCC

      confirmations

      are

      in

      the

      account.

      This is very difficult to read.  This has suddenly started shortly after the change to the new format.  If I can’t get this corrected, I will have to exit this Yahoo group.

      73, John  NZ9Z

    • RonL
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 4 5:06 PM
        Me too.

        Ron, K5HN

        --- In ARRL-LOTW@yahoogroups.com, "John Meyer" <jmeyer@...> wrote:

        > Hey Guys -
        >

        > Is anyone else having the same problem I am with the new format for the
        > ARRL-LOTW Yahoo Group? The first e-mail in the Digest lays out properly.
        > However all following e-mails are a single word per line, like the following
        > snippit:
        >

        > almost
        >
        > none
        >
        > of
        >
        > my
        >
        > existing
        >
        > DXCC
        >
        > confirmations
        >
        > are
        >
        > in
        >
        > the
        >
        > account.
        >

        > This is very difficult to read. This has suddenly started shortly after the
        > change to the new format. If I can't get this corrected, I will have to
        > exit this Yahoo group.
        >

        > 73, John NZ9Z

      • Robert Chudek - K0RC
        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 4 5:38 PM
          At the bottom of this message there should be a link "Visit Your Group"

          Click it

          When the Yahoo Groups webpage opens look near the top for "Edit Membership"

          Click it

          When the next page opens, scroll to the bottom and look for "Step 3. Message Options"

          Select "Traditional"

          Click "Save Changes"

          Done.

          73 de Bob - KØRC in MN

          On 7/4/2012 1:44 PM, John Meyer wrote:

[...]

        • nz9z
          Message 4 of 5 , Jul 5 7:36 AM
            Thanks for the tip, Bob. I see others are having the same problem I did.

            I'm now set in the Traditional mode, which, though better than one word per line, still isn't that great, since you can't click on the list to get to the letters you want to read. And the plain text isn't pleasant reading either. I wonder what Yahoo did? The change isn't working!

            73, John
          • Robert Chudek - K0RC
            Message 5 of 5 , Jul 5 10:41 AM
              Yeah, all these young kids these days (Yahoo programmers) think they have the answer to everything! I remember when I was young and knew everything too.  :-)

              "New and improved"!

              If enough people complain about the 'upgrade', they will probably address the root cause. Or maybe not. But the complaining needs to go to Yahoo!

              73 de Bob - KØRC in MN