ARRL Announces CQ WPX LoTW Integration

  • Paul Stoetzer
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 2, 2012
      System should be live now according to the ARRL, though it's not quite
      working properly for me. Can't get an application through or merge my
      old callsigns into the new account and I had to manually select all of
      my credits.

      http://www.arrl.org/news/view/arrl-launches-logbook-of-the-world-wpx-award-integration?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

      73,

      Paul, N8HM
    • Joseph Miller
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 2, 2012
        Thanks Paul,

        In looking at my account, none of my QSLs prior to May 8, 2012 were "considered" for this new award, so at this point, will I have to manually select every prefix that I want to apply for? Also, what about the 600 prefixes already awarded by CQ magazine?

        I applaud the ARRL for working with CQ Magazine on this joint venture, I just hope that this is not the final product.

        73 de Joe KJ8O

          Message 4 of 4 , Jul 2, 2012
            Hi Paul,

            Just took another look at my account, and the League has now answered one of my questions.

            Jul 2, 2012: WPX -- LoTW is now displaying a WPX Award table in each user account under the tab Awards.  Over the next couple of days users will see the numbers in the tables go up as the system continues to process log data that is already in the system.  Some users already see the fully populated prefix tables.  Watch the news here and we will announce when the data processing is complete.

            I applied for my first and only Digital WPX about a year and half ago, and the artwork is rather nice. They also handwrite (calligraphy) the name and call sign. Not sure where I stand at the moment, but after six years of hamming, I am at probably 1,000 prefixes. Sure am looking forward to doing an update.

            73 de Joe KJ8O