DXCC card submission after Dayton

  • pete3240
    Message 1 of 13 , Jun 20, 2012
      My question is have I jumped through all of the hoops properly? Have I given the system enough time? I had cards checked at the Dayton Hamvention 2012 that would together with the LoTW would give me enough for the DXCC. I applied for my DXCC on LoTW and linked my DXCC account. As of now the cards submitted to card checker in Dayton haven't showed up on LoTW.
      Thanks for any help.

      Lewis, K4BOI
    • jim
      Message 2 of 13 , Jun 20, 2012

        I think  it will be several more  weeks, Lewis

        from the shack of
        WB5AAA
        73 de JIM

      • jpescatore@aol.com
        Message 3 of 13 , Jun 22, 2012
          I submitted cards at Dayton (on Friday) and did the new online submission. Yesterday the paperwork came in the mail and my totals are updated in the LotW screen.

          So, you should be getting close now.

          73 John K3TN

          --- In ARRL-LOTW@yahoogroups.com, "pete3240" <pete3240@...> wrote:

          > My question is have I jumped through all of the hoops properly? Have I given the system enough time? I had cards checked at the Dayton Hamvention 2012 that would together with the LoTW would give me enough for the DXCC. I applied for my DXCC on LoTW and linked my DXCC account. As of now the cards submitted to card checker in Dayton haven't showed up on LoTW.
          > Thanks for any help.
          >
          > Lewis, K4BOI

        • Kathy Bookmiller
          Message 4 of 13 , Jun 22, 2012
            With the bands being so poor lately, I decided it was time to go through my old qsl cards to pick up any band/mode ones I could use for credits. Used the new online application page on ARRL site and came up with a couple of hundred I could use. OK, so far everything is good, about what I expected.
            Printed out the list I'd made and found something I find odd and am wondering if anyone might know what the significance is of some of them printed out in bold print-maybe a half dozen out of the total. Looked them over carefully and can't come up with a reason why this is so. They aren't new all time, or any other reason I could come up with.
            I know this is a minor thing but it has me curious and wondering if anyone might have an explanation of this?
            73,
            Kathy, W2NK
            PS I emailed ARRL about this but haven't received a reply
          • Gary AL9A
            Message 5 of 13 , Jun 22, 2012
              I think the bold print is to flag it for the card checker as needing special attention.  For example it might be from a DXpedition from a rare spot and the checker needs to make sure the operation was approved and the date(s) are correct. Another example would be a special prefix that might be unusual for the country.

              Gary AL9A

              Sent from my iTouch

[...]

            • wa9ysd
              Message 6 of 13 , Jun 22, 2012
                I was wondering about that as well.

                Also why isn't there any type of order when printed out?

                Jim K9TF
              • Susan King

                  Message 8 of 13 , Jun 22, 2012
                    More info from a card checker. The old forms required that you enter cards sorted first by band and then by mode within the band. There was never a requirement for sorting cards by entity. The sort by band and mode was to save manual keystrokes.

                    Now that underpaid folks at the league do not have to manually enter information there is no need for sorting; computers were invented to sort.

                    73, Susan K5DU West Gulf Division Cardchecker

                    Message 9 of 13 , Jun 22, 2012
                      Gary,

                      Your answers are good ones but only guesses I surmise and not based on any real knowledge??

                      I looked the 'flagged"ones over carefully and there isn't anything there that should raise special notice. Some were the most downright mundane qsl's one could imagine-such as a G3 on 20, KP4 on CW-band/modes that I had never been credited for in the past and now I'm in the process of filling in holes on various band/mode slots for the different dxcc awards or for the challenge one. Quite a few of them had been credited for the country originally but that was before bands or modes were noted and now I'm trying to get them credited to their respective areas.

                      The only 'special' one for me was an all time new one, XW, and it wasn't  "flagged".

                      Susan, you as a card checker, are any "flagged" when you get the printout of the cards being presented?

                      I'm still not sure of the reason for the flagging nor do I see any reason to worry about it as if they are disallowed, it won't be hard to find a replacement. In almost 50 years of DXing and all the cards I've accumulated in that time, I'm sure I have others that will cover most of the gaps:)

                      Message 10 of 13 , Jun 22, 2012
                        You're correct, pure guess on my part. The only bold print on my list was for Spratly Is. so I surmised it was because of the rare one. My bad!

                        73,
                        Gary AL9A

                        Sent from my iTouch

                        Message 11 of 13 , Jun 22, 2012
                          Yes, it was a good guess Gary. Any explanation that I've come up with hasn't been any better.
                          Suppose  I'd better send the application in and see if anything special happens with the ones in bold.
                          Kathy

                          Message 12 of 13 , Jun 27, 2012
                            What fields and calls were bold? Maybe seeing what they are, someone can figure it out?

                            It does seem kind of strange though. I haven't used that system yet, but I will later on this year.

                            73 de k4Wes

                            --- In ARRL-LOTW@yahoogroups.com, Kathy Bookmiller <wb2aio@...> wrote:

                            > With the bands being so poor lately, I decided it was time to go through my old qsl cards to pick up any band/mode ones I could use for credits. Used the new online application page on ARRL site and came up with a couple of hundred I could use. OK, so far everything is good, about what I expected.
                            > Printed out the list I'd made and found something I find odd and am wondering if anyone might know what the significance is of some of them printed out in bold print-maybe a half dozen out of the total. Looked them over carefully and can't come up with a reason why this is so. They aren't new all time, or any other reason I could come up with.
                            > I know this is a minor thing but it has me curious and wondering if anyone might have an explanation of this?
                            > 73,
                            > Kathy, W2NK
                            > PS I emailed ARRL about this but haven't received a reply

                          • dickflanagan
                            Message 13 of 13 , Jul 1, 2013
                              Has anyone figured out the significance of the bold entries? I just received a large application with a dozen or more of them.

                              Dick K7VC