Re: [ARRL-LOTW] For those of you scoring at home ...

  • Paul Ciezniak
    Message 1 of 11 , Dec 5, 2011
      Delete....

      K1SEZ

      ----- Original Message -----
      Sent: Monday, December 05, 2011 5:53 PM
      Subject: [ARRL-LOTW] For those of you scoring at home ...

      If you think everything is fine with LOTW and that it's so much better
      than paper mail and that everything is just peachy, hit delete now.

      403 QSOs uploaded at 16:03:15 UTC, processed beginning at 21:31:56
      UTC, for a lag of about 5.5 hours.

    • Eric Lorenz K9LGE
      Message 2 of 11 , Dec 5, 2011

        Peter,

        Can I ask you a question? And I am asking this seriously..why is it so important to you that LOTW be able to process all data it receives simotaneously and immediately? Are the data from the contacts you've made so important and time-sensitive that you need immediate access to the confirmations? I am just trying to understand ... you and others grief and consternation at the recent issues and troubles with LOTW. There seems to be this ...i'm not even sure how to describe it- at why the ARRL can't make this perfectly working system that is available 24/7/365 . Yeah, you're right I probably should've hit delete...as I am happy to have what we have- never mind that it is ...free. Oh well, I guess you get what you pay for, right?

        Eric K9LGE

        On Dec 5, 2011 4:53 PM, "Peter Laws" <plaws0@...> wrote:

        If you think everything is fine with LOTW and that it's so much better
        than paper mail and that everything is just peachy, hit delete now.

        403 QSOs uploaded at 16:03:15 UTC, processed beginning at 21:31:56
        UTC, for a lag of about 5.5 hours.

      • Tom Means

          Message 4 of 11 , Dec 5, 2011
            I agree 100%  if they don't like it  use the snail mail or even slower the Buro. and hope ur card gets confirmed in a year.  geech,  some peoples kids.

            I know these people are lucky I'm not running that thing  I'd have shut it down a long time ago!

            Joe WB9SBD
            Sig
            The Original Rolling Ball Clock
            Idle Tyme
            Idle-Tyme.com
            http://www.idle-tyme.com

            Message 5 of 11 , Dec 5, 2011
              On Mon, Dec 5, 2011 at 16:53, Peter Laws <plaws@...> wrote:
              > If you think everything is fine with LOTW and that it's so much better
              > than paper mail and that everything is just peachy, hit delete now.

              Putting this disclaimer gave me a nice list of addresses to add to my
              killfile! Awesome!

              > 403 QSOs uploaded at 16:03:15 UTC, processed beginning at 21:31:56
              > UTC, for a lag of about 5.5 hours.
              >
              > --

            • Bill Aycock
              Message 6 of 11 , Dec 5, 2011
                So, whets your point?
                --W4BSG

                > If you think everything is fine with LOTW and that it's so much better
                > than paper mail and that everything is just peachy, hit delete now.
                >

                > 403 QSOs uploaded at 16:03:15 UTC, processed beginning at 21:31:56
                > UTC, for a lag of about 5.5 hours.
                >
                > --

              • Eric Lorenz K9LGE
                Message 7 of 11 , Dec 5, 2011
                  I'll tell you what Peter's point is... (since he probably didn't see this message as you probably made his 'killfile') He (and others of similar thought) will use any opportunity they have to complain about the system...as in their minds it should be perfect, flawless and instantaneous. ESPECIALLY since it is free. Because as we all know, LOTW is a mission-critical system that is vital to peoples lives.

                  Eric K9LGE

                  On 12/5/2011 9:03 PM, Bill Aycock wrote:

                  So, whets your point?
                  --W4BSG

                  > If you think everything is fine with LOTW and that it's so much better
                  > than paper mail and that everything is just peachy, hit delete now.
                  >

                  > 403 QSOs uploaded at 16:03:15 UTC, processed beginning at 21:31:56
                  > UTC, for a lag of about 5.5 hours.
                  >
                  > --

                  Eric Lorenz
                  Communications Trailer Coordinator
                  American Red Cross-Chicagoland Region
                  Disaster Services Technology

                  Co-Lead, Routes/Communications/Safety
                  Amaerican Diabetes Association
                  Tour de Cure/Chicago 2012
                  630-430-2421 cell
                • jim
                  Message 8 of 11 , Dec 5, 2011

                    LOTW   sure works great for me

                    I  think it is great…

                    from the shack of
                    WB5AAA
                    73 de JIM

                    > If you think everything is fine with LOTW and that it's so much better
                    > than paper mail and that everything is just peachy, hit delete now.
                    >

                    > 403 QSOs uploaded at 16:03:15 UTC, processed beginning at 21:31:56
                    > UTC, for a lag of about 5.5 hours.
                    >
                    > --

                    Eric Lorenz
                    Communications Trailer Coordinator
                    American Red Cross-Chicagoland Region
                    Disaster Services Technology

                    Co-Lead, Routes/Communications/Safety
                    Amaerican Diabetes Association
                    Tour de Cure/Chicago 2012
                    630-430-2421 cell
                  • Bert - W0RSB
                    Message 9 of 11 , Dec 7, 2011
                      But wouldn't a simpler and permanent solution to your problem involve just two steps?

                      A) Stop using LOTW
                      B) Stop reading this group

                      Simple and actually effortless!