Re: [ARRL-LOTW] For those of you scoring at home ...

  • Hank Garretson
    Message 1 of 11 , Dec 5, 2011
      On Mon, Dec 5, 2011 at 2:53 PM, Peter Laws <plaws0@...> wrote:

      403 QSOs uploaded at 16:03:15 UTC, processed beginning at 21:31:56UTC, for a lag of about 5.5 hours.

      I don't have a dog in this fight, but for crying out loud, what's so bad about that. Before the CQWW crunch, it sometimes took overnight to process a log. No big deal.

      73,

      Hank, W6SX

      Mammoth Lakes, California

      Elevation 8083 feet in John Muir's Range of Light
    • Paul Ciezniak
      Message 2 of 11 , Dec 5, 2011
        Delete....

        K1SEZ

        If you think everything is fine with LOTW and that it's so much better
        than paper mail and that everything is just peachy, hit delete now.

        403 QSOs uploaded at 16:03:15 UTC, processed beginning at 21:31:56
        UTC, for a lag of about 5.5 hours.

      • Eric Lorenz K9LGE
        Message 3 of 11 , Dec 5, 2011

          Peter,

          Can I ask you a question? And I am asking this seriously..why is it so important to you that LOTW be able to process all data it receives simotaneously and immediately? Are the data from the contacts you've made so important and time-sensitive that you need immediate access to the confirmations? I am just trying to understand ... you and others grief and consternation at the recent issues and troubles with LOTW. There seems to be this ...i'm not even sure how to describe it- at why the ARRL can't make this perfectly working system that is available 24/7/365 . Yeah, you're right I probably should've hit delete...as I am happy to have what we have- never mind that it is ...free. Oh well, I guess you get what you pay for, right?

          Eric K9LGE

          On Dec 5, 2011 4:53 PM, "Peter Laws" <plaws0@...> wrote:

          If you think everything is fine with LOTW and that it's so much better
          than paper mail and that everything is just peachy, hit delete now.

          403 QSOs uploaded at 16:03:15 UTC, processed beginning at 21:31:56
          UTC, for a lag of about 5.5 hours.

        • Tom Means

            Message 5 of 11 , Dec 5, 2011
              I agree 100%  if they don't like it  use the snail mail or even slower the Buro. and hope ur card gets confirmed in a year.  geech,  some peoples kids.

              I know these people are lucky I'm not running that thing  I'd have shut it down a long time ago!

              Joe WB9SBD
              Sig
              The Original Rolling Ball Clock
              Idle Tyme
              Idle-Tyme.com
              http://www.idle-tyme.com

              Message 6 of 11 , Dec 5, 2011
                On Mon, Dec 5, 2011 at 16:53, Peter Laws <plaws@...> wrote:
                > If you think everything is fine with LOTW and that it's so much better
                > than paper mail and that everything is just peachy, hit delete now.

                Putting this disclaimer gave me a nice list of addresses to add to my
                killfile! Awesome!

                > 403 QSOs uploaded at 16:03:15 UTC, processed beginning at 21:31:56
                > UTC, for a lag of about 5.5 hours.
                >
                > --

              • Bill Aycock
                Message 7 of 11 , Dec 5, 2011
                  So, whets your point?
                  --W4BSG

                  > If you think everything is fine with LOTW and that it's so much better
                  > than paper mail and that everything is just peachy, hit delete now.
                  >

                  > 403 QSOs uploaded at 16:03:15 UTC, processed beginning at 21:31:56
                  > UTC, for a lag of about 5.5 hours.
                  >
                  > --

                • Eric Lorenz K9LGE
                  Message 8 of 11 , Dec 5, 2011
                    I'll tell you what Peter's point is... (since he probably didn't see this message as you probably made his 'killfile') He (and others of similar thought) will use any opportunity they have to complain about the system...as in their minds it should be perfect, flawless and instantaneous. ESPECIALLY since it is free. Because as we all know, LOTW is a mission-critical system that is vital to peoples lives.

                    Eric K9LGE

                    On 12/5/2011 9:03 PM, Bill Aycock wrote:

                    So, whets your point?
                    --W4BSG

                    > If you think everything is fine with LOTW and that it's so much better
                    > than paper mail and that everything is just peachy, hit delete now.
                    >

                    > 403 QSOs uploaded at 16:03:15 UTC, processed beginning at 21:31:56
                    > UTC, for a lag of about 5.5 hours.
                    >
                    > --

                    Eric Lorenz
                    Communications Trailer Coordinator
                    American Red Cross-Chicagoland Region
                    Disaster Services Technology

                    Co-Lead, Routes/Communications/Safety
                    Amaerican Diabetes Association
                    Tour de Cure/Chicago 2012
                    630-430-2421 cell
                  • jim
                    Message 9 of 11 , Dec 5, 2011

                      LOTW   sure works great for me

                      I  think it is great…

                      from the shack of
                      WB5AAA
                      73 de JIM

                      > If you think everything is fine with LOTW and that it's so much better
                      > than paper mail and that everything is just peachy, hit delete now.
                      >

                      > 403 QSOs uploaded at 16:03:15 UTC, processed beginning at 21:31:56
                      > UTC, for a lag of about 5.5 hours.
                      >
                      > --

                      Eric Lorenz
                      Communications Trailer Coordinator
                      American Red Cross-Chicagoland Region
                      Disaster Services Technology

                      Co-Lead, Routes/Communications/Safety
                      Amaerican Diabetes Association
                      Tour de Cure/Chicago 2012
                      630-430-2421 cell
                    • Bert - W0RSB
                      Message 10 of 11 , Dec 7, 2011
                        But wouldn't a simpler and permanent solution to your problem involve just two steps?

                        A) Stop using LOTW
                        B) Stop reading this group

                        Simple and actually effortless!