Issues are never "fixed" ... despite the mounting evidence!

  • Paul Ciezniak
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 29, 2011
      When the earlier contest results weren't showing up in LoTW a few weeks back, something was "broken" according to the naysayer cartel; now despite the evidence to the contrary, stuff is flowin' very well! Good job, ARRL!

      My 234 Q's from the weekend contest were processed in jig time, and I don't care how it was done or what changed, even if it was nothing. Maybe the focused spotlights featured on this email reflector recently were responsible for something changing! Great! or not...
      It makes no difference in the grand scheme of things.

      Is there something else to worry about? Of course... there's always something to worry about...

      I prefer to not worry about trouble before it happens. After a lifetime and career of 36 years in business, and taking care of daily "issues", I choose not to worry now about the small stuff in my ham radio hobby... it is a hobby, right? No money prizes... no TV spotlight news coverage. Even my wife takes no interest in the paper on the walls of the radio shack... no glory evidenced at this QTH! hahaha...

      Who cares about the listing in the annual DXCC magazine publication, or if K1SEZ achieved 5Band DXCC (which he didn't)? No one but me... not my local ham radio club, not the next DX guy I want to log, not anyone but solitary me!

      One of my favorite expressions from business was.... the work expands to fill the time alloted. Maybe the previous contest logs were alloted a longer gestation time? <grin> So what; nothing harmed.... DX and life goes on.

      I'm looking forward to the upcoming Straight Key Night on New Year's Eve, to crank up the ol' J-38 and burn a few holes in the ether at a slower, gentile CW tempo.

      Question: What would the Old Man have said about the inordinate delay in the LoTW back in early November?  I believe he'd reach for the Wouf Hong...   <grin>

      73, K1SEZ
      Paul Ciezniak
      Wallingford, CT
    • k2hat@ymail.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 30, 2011
        Good advice, lets worry about the more important stuff.
        I still have a roof over my head, and a job, and am mostly healthy.

        Merry Christmas and Happy New Year, Happy Holidays to all. :)

        73 K2HAT Lee "HAT"