All to what end?

  • Paul Ciezniak
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 1, 2011
      Whether the LotW system takes milliseconds or several days to indicate your QSOs being set up in LotW, what's the difference in the end?

      Confirmations for DXCC? If so, how long will it be before your forms are submitted for the record? If not for DXCC, will you perhaps get another QSL for entities or call signs that you might already have multiple QSLs or occurences?

      <sigh> I just don't sense the urgency to "see" the upload after a contest. If there was some monetary reward or other outward recognition of a particular contact, that might compel me to be more anxious about the LotW transaction... but there's none of that!

      Like most of us, I send in my new claims for the DXCC record once a year, usually in early December, to make the deadline for the printing of the new year's DXCC magazine. But, the whole thing in my ham radio lifetime record is my own internal "achievements" in working and confirming all the available entities... no money, no terse deadline, no anxiety, no reason for expecting quick QSLs in a contest environment. It's only for my own personal "glory"... and there's no money in that!

      This year I will submit 12 new LotW QSLs and one QSL card to the DXCC department.

      Please explain the need for speed in this LotW exchange of information; I don't understand the urgency or anxiety.

      What is lost if it is not done immediately?

      73, K1SEZ
      Paul Ciezniak
    • Jerry
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 1, 2011

        There seems to be quite a few here who feel the need for "instant gratification" from LoTW.  I'd like to remind you that before LoTW and others, there was a long, long wait for QSLs, whether it be direct or via the Bureau system.  Geez, I waited 18 years for a QSL via the Bureau !

        So, if LoTW doesn't return confirmations for a week or more.. get over it !

        Jerry N9AVY