Re: LOTW Slow After CQWW SSB

  • timgep
    Message 1 of 90 , Nov 1, 2011
      Thankfully, I don't think the ARRL servers were ever down.

      IF the AP were to write a story on this, it would read
      "SUNSPOTS HAMPER COMPUTER SERVER IN CONNECTICUT"

      Tim K6GEP

      --- In ARRL-LOTW@yahoogroups.com, Glenn Wyant <va3dx@...> wrote:

      > Has anyone taken the time to see if they were at all
      > slowed down bu the huge snow storm and the resulting
      > power outages ?????
      >
      > Or do you just want to rant ?
      >
      > Glenn va3dx

    • la4rt
      Message 90 of 90 , Dec 7, 2012
        --- In ARRL-LOTW@yahoogroups.com, Hank Garretson <w6sx@...> wrote:

        > On Fri, Dec 7, 2012 at 2:39 AM, la4rt <hellan@...> wrote:
        >
        > > **
        > >
        > > I suspect that a re-uploaded log will process a lot faster than a log with
        > > fresh QSOs.
        > >
        > What leads you to suspect that?

        Hmm. OK. Big mistake - a dupe log won't register as progress at all on the QSO counter. I do believe that it will be processed a lot faster than the original log was. Simply because no new QSL records have to be created.

        If the same file is re-uploaded, the system actually notices, and produces this message:

        Processing ABORTED: Log file was previously processed with this result:

        Not sure if it does a pre processing dupe check on individual qsos.
        Even if there isn't matching against the user's own QSOs will be more localized than matching against every user.

        > Ski Exuberantly,

        I'll do my best

        73
        Jon LA4RT