Support for other awards?

  • Beischel
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 3, 2004
      I wonder if the ARRL is going to enhance the award system for other
      awards like WAS, WAC, VUCC, etc. That would also be very nice.

      Duffy
      www.wb8nut.com
    • R Johnson
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 4, 2004
        Hi:
        According to the guys who talked to Wayne Mills at Dayton, WAC and WAS are next.
        They didn't ask about VUCC as the are HF'ers only.

        No time schedule given, but I think WAC should be an easy one to implement quickly !!!

        WAS shouldn't be to difficult as much of the basic work was done for DXCC.

        73
        Bob, K1VU

        At 11:20 6/3/2004 , you wrote:
        >I wonder if the ARRL is going to enhance the award system for other
        >awards like WAS, WAC, VUCC, etc. That would also be very nice.
        >
        >Duffy
        >www.wb8nut.com
        >

        >Yahoo! Groups Links

      • Joe Subich, K4IK
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 4, 2004
          > According to the guys who talked to Wayne Mills at Dayton,
          > WAC and WAS are next. They didn't ask about VUCC as the
          > are HF'ers only.
          >
          > No time schedule given, but I think WAC should be an easy
          > one to implement quickly !!!

          From my discussions with Staff at Dayton, the issue is one
          of time and programming resources. The one individual who
          does the bulk of the internal software development had to
          spend more time than anticipated on the DXCC program (due
          to the ancient system on the DXCC side) and has some other,
          higher priority, tasks elsewhere that must be tacked before
          spending more time on the awards programs.

          However, Bob is right ... since WAS has no honor roll, no
          endorsement structure, and a much less complicated record
          keeping requirement, it should be much easier to implement.

          73,

          ... Joe, K4IK