Anyone else still hung

  • w7psk
    Message 1 of 13 , Oct 31, 2011
      Mines still stuck.

      Last contact in most recent QSL pre contest

      And if I select account it just turns the searching then times out
      Message 2 of 13 , Oct 31, 2011
        On Mon, Oct 31, 2011 at 20:42, w7psk <w7psk@...> wrote:
        > Mines still stuck.
        >
        > Last contact in most recent QSL pre contest
        >
        > And if I select account it just turns the searching then times out

        Yep. Choked with logs.

      • Dick Flanagan
        Message 3 of 13 , Oct 31, 2011
          I don't think I ever was... :|

          --
          Dick Flanagan K7VC
          dick@...
          Message 4 of 13 , Oct 31, 2011
            On Mon, Oct 31, 2011 at 20:43, Peter Laws <plaws@...> wrote:
            > On Mon, Oct 31, 2011 at 20:42, w7psk <w7psk@...> wrote:
            >> Mines still stuck.
            >>
            >> Last contact in most recent QSL pre contest
            >>
            >> And if I select account it just turns the searching then times out
            >
            > Yep.  Choked with logs.

            Mine seem to have just shown up. Never had it take 24+ hours before.

          • Ron Brown
            Message 5 of 13 , Oct 31, 2011
              Mine has finally got my QSOs showing but no matches and my account just freezes

              73 Ron VA7HZ

              On 2011-10-31, at 18:42, w7psk <w7psk@...> wrote:

              Mines still stuck.

              Last contact in most recent QSL pre contest

              And if I select account it just turns the searching then times out

            • Walter Milton
              Message 6 of 13 , Nov 1, 2011
                Half of Conn has NO power!! Just maybe the reason.

                Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

                From: Ron Brown <bctech58@...>
                Sender: ARRL-LOTW@yahoogroups.com
                Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2011 20:26:56 -0700
                To: ARRL-LOTW@yahoogroups.com<ARRL-LOTW@yahoogroups.com>
                ReplyTo: ARRL-LOTW@yahoogroups.com
                Subject: Re: [ARRL-LOTW] Anyone else still hung

                Message 7 of 13 , Nov 1, 2011
                  On Tue, Nov 1, 2011 at 10:29, Walter Milton <wmilton@...> wrote:

                  > Half of Conn has NO power!! Just maybe the reason.

                  I hope to dog that the LOTW system(s) are at a colo and not at HQ!
                  And that they contracted with a colo that, you know, has backup power.

                • k4adr@comcast.net
                  Message 8 of 13 , Nov 1, 2011

                    My email is being ung up becayuse of all the questions about lotw being slow, this happens after every major contest. So just get use to it and just wait a day or 2 and LOTW will be back to normal!!

                    From: Ron Brown <bctech58@...>
                    Sender: ARRL-LOTW@yahoogroups.com
                    Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2011 20:26:56 -0700
                    To: ARRL-LOTW@yahoogroups.com<ARRL-LOTW@yahoogroups.com>

                    Message 9 of 13 , Nov 1, 2011
                      --- In ARRL-LOTW@yahoogroups.com, k4adr@... wrote:

                      > My email is being ung up becayuse of all the questions about lotw >being slow, this happens after every major contest. So just get use to >it and just wait a day or 2 and LOTW will be back to normal!!

                      Oh Im sorry, I forgot this was the K4ADR LOTW group. I forgot to get your permission before I posted a topic.

                      I guess we all need your approval as to what to post.
                      Message 10 of 13 , Nov 1, 2011
                        On Tue, Nov 1, 2011 at 15:26, <k4adr@...> wrote:

                        > My email is being ung up becayuse of all the questions about lotw being slow, this happens after every major contest. So just get use to it and just wait a day or 2 and LOTW will be back to normal!!

                        Well, no, actually, it doesn't.

                        I participate fairly seriously in 'phone SS (usually in the
                        neighborhood of 500 Qs) and RTTY Roundup (usually around 3-400) and
                        then less-seriously in probably another half-dozen, including CQ
                        WW/WPX both SSB and RTTY.

                        I've been on LOTW since about 2008 and I've never had to wait more
                        than 6 hours (if that long) to have an uploaded log be processed by
                        LOTW. My guess is that others have similar experiences (if not -
                        speak up!).

                        Given my expectations based on my own experience, this event is far,
                        far out of what passes for normal with LOTW.

                      • Dick Flanagan
                        Message 11 of 13 , Nov 1, 2011
                          "I guess we all need your approval as to what to post."

                          No, you just need to use your knowledge and common sense as to when to post it.  Sheesh.  Lighten up guys!

                          Dick

                        • w7psk
                          Message 12 of 13 , Nov 1, 2011
                            --- In ARRL-LOTW@yahoogroups.com, Dick Flanagan <dick@...> wrote:

                            > "I guess we all need your approval as to what to post."
                            >
                            > No, you just need to use your knowledge and common sense as to _/when/_
                            > to post it. Sheesh. Lighten up guys!
                            >
                            > Dick

                            I in all the time Ive Used LOTW, which is from the start, never had a 24hr delay. Thus my question if anyone else was experiencing the issue. Here it is almost 48hrs and still no processing.

                            But I guess This group isn't really for LOTW questions any more.

                            Can the Owners or Question Police please let me know what this group is now for.
                          • Dick Flanagan
                            Message 13 of 13 , Nov 1, 2011
                              A required-reading FAQ would help or having one mailed out every
                              month/quarter/year. You could even make one required reading for all
                              new members.

                              The management of such features is very easy for Yahoo! group owners. I
                              have moderated over 50 very active and opinionated Yahoo! groups for
                              over ten years. Yahoo! actually provides a pretty decent list package.

                              Dick

                              --
                              Dick Flanagan K7VC
                              dick@...