Re: [ARRL-LOTW] Installing and Using LotW

  • iain macdonnell - N6ML
    Message 1 of 32 , Sep 6, 2011
      Dave,

      If you can get ARRL award credits for QSOs logged in HRD (without paper cards), that's a neat trick! Perhaps you don't really understand what LotW is.

      I'm not sure what your objective was by posting your little rant here. If you want help getting LotW setup, there are lots of people here who are willing and able. If you've already decided that it's not for you, then ... what is it that you want?

      Let us know if you really do want help....

      73,

          ~iain / N6ML

      On Tue, Sep 6, 2011 at 10:17 PM, David Rust <dlrust@...> wrote:

      44,446 folks have figured it out so it can't be that difficult.
      I understand that, my friend, but Ham Radio Deluxe does everything I want it to do.
      Thanks for the offers of help.
      We had this same discussion on a local repeater just this afternoon, and I was about the third
      or four person that said it wasn't worth the trouble.
      I guess that number could have been 44,450.
      73
      Dave

    • fly1jet
      Message 32 of 32 , Sep 8, 2011
        Thanks to Dave, there's more than enough info. on the web to prepare for LoTW as a new user.

        Since the postcard has to be sent by snail mail, this allows lots of downtime to prepare for an easy transition to LoTW, once the postcard & email arrive.

        My logging software (DXKeeper) does a super easy job of 1) uploading, and 2) sync with it. There is no converting, and other than deciding if you want all, or a few contacts uploaded to LoTW, it could not be simpler.

        The only way for us to pass along (Elmer) new things to the new operators is by first learning them amongst ourselves. This requires patience, and perseverance. And, compared to electronics theory or circuits, it's simple! Let's use the tools at our disposal while encouraging others during our time spent in the hobby.

        John - KW9W