WAS Snail mail bounce

  • vu2nks
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 3, 2011
      Hi All,
      I made a hybrid app.for 17m RTTY award on 21-June-2011.
      49 LoTW and 1 card for HQ.Sent the card by registered post
      to--->ARRL WAS AWARD
      225,Main Street,
      Newington,
      CT 06111
      USA. on 22/06/2011

      Today I got the envelope back as "Return to sender not deliverable
      as addressed unable to forward" Post marked in "*EXIE 100 07/14/11"

      What am I doing wrong?

      73 de Nandu
      VU2NKS
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 3, 2011
        Nothing - that's the correct address!

        On Wed, Aug 3, 2011 at 10:07, vu2nks <vu2nks@...> wrote:
        > Hi All,
        >       I made a hybrid app.for 17m RTTY award on 21-June-2011.
        >  49 LoTW and 1 card for HQ.Sent the card by registered post
        >  to--->ARRL WAS AWARD
        >      225,Main Street,
        >       Newington,
        >       CT 06111
        >        USA.    on 22/06/2011
        >
        >  Today I got the envelope back as "Return to sender not deliverable
        >  as addressed unable to forward"  Post marked in "*EXIE 100 07/14/11"
        >
        >  What am I doing wrong?
        >
        >  73 de Nandu
        >       VU2NKS

      • Nissim Gershon
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 3, 2011

          This is scary,

          The address looks good.  I am ashamed that the US postal service was not able to deliver the mail.  I would expect the post office to be able to deliver to the ARRL HQ in Newington, CT even without an address.  Why don’t you scan the envelope and post it here or somewhere with a link to it if this site does not allow for attachments. See if someone from the community will take upon themselves to check with the US postal service to get a handle on it.

          73, AA2NI, Niko