RE: [ARRL-LOTW] LOTW wait time

    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 31, 2011
      >>>AA6YQ comments below

       -----Original Message-----
      From: ARRL-LOTW@yahoogroups.com [mailto:ARRL-LOTW@yahoogroups.com]On Behalf Of Gary AL9A
      Sent: Sunday, July 31, 2011 8:59 PM
      To: ARRL- LOTW
      Subject: [ARRL-LOTW] LOTW wait time

      Uploaded a paltry 32 QSO's over two hours ago and still waiting for them to
      process. I know, I know it's IOTA contest submissions. Gee, you'd think
      someone would get around to notifying ARRL that there are usually a lot of
      contests that happen on weekends! It seems to catch them by surprise every
      time.

      >>>They're not being caught by surprise, Gary, they have a fixed server capacity that is unable to keep up with uploads in the wake of contests. There are three solutions:

      1. make the LotW application more efficient, so the existing servers can process incoming uploads more rapidly

      2. acquire, provision, and deploy more servers

      3. reduce expectations