Does not show "Award Has Been Issued"

  • jim_nt2f
    Message 1 of 9 , May 27, 2011
      I received my DXCC (mixed) award certificate April of last year but the account status page for the DXCC account still does not show that the award has been issued (no little "*" by the award). This was a 100% LOTW application.

      Anyone else experienced this?

      Thanks and 73

      Jim - NT2F
    • Dell - W2DX
      Message 2 of 9 , May 27, 2011
        Jim,

        Does your LoTW DXCC Account Status page show your DXCC account being linked to your DXCC record? For instance, on my DXCC Account Status page, on the right, I see two lines that read:

        This account is linked with DXCC record:

        Dell M. Garner, W2DX

        I may be misremembering, but I think I was told I had to link my DXCC account with my DXCC record before any award being issued would show up. It has been about 5 years or so, so I may be wrong.

        73,

        Dell - W2DX

        Message 3 of 9 , May 27, 2011
          Dell,

          Thank you for the input. When I go to the DXCC Account Status page I see:

          This account includes credits for the following:
          NT2F - UNITED STATES OF AMERICA
          WB4JVR - UNITED STATES OF AMERICA

          Is this OK? Does this mean the accounts are linked as you inidcated? Or do I need to link these calls to the DXCC record?

          I see no reference to these accounts being "Linked with DXCC record..."

          Thanks and 73 - Jim - NT2F

          Message 4 of 9 , May 28, 2011
            At 12:08 AM 5/28/2011, jim_nt2f wrote:
            >Dell,
            >
            >Thank you for the input. When I go to the DXCC Account Status page I see:
            >
            >This account includes credits for the following:
            >NT2F - UNITED STATES OF AMERICA
            >WB4JVR - UNITED STATES OF AMERICA
            >
            >Is this OK? Does this mean the accounts are linked as you inidcated?
            >Or do I need to link these calls to the DXCC record?
            >
            >I see no reference to these accounts being "Linked with DXCC record..."

            You should see that right under the text above ("This account includes
            credits for the following:").

            To link your LoTW account with your DXCC records, click on the "Link
            Account" below the list of callsigns.

            The sentence reads "If you have an existing DXCC record that this
            account should be linked to, use
            <https://p1k.arrl.org/lotwuser/awardaccount?awardaccountcmd=link&awg_id=DXCC&ac_acct=1>Link
            Account. This will allow the LoTW system to keep track of those QSLs
            that would give you new DXCC credits. This will also allow you to view
            your DXCC record here on the LoTW Web site."

            Just click that link. If I remember right, there's some manual
            processing that has to take place for this to work, so it may take a
            day or two before the linkage is set up.
          • Dell - W2DX
            Message 5 of 9 , May 28, 2011
              Jim,

              Rick sounds spot-on with the issue. Your LoTW DXCC account  is not currently linked to your DXCC record. Follow the link as described by Rick and in a few days you should get some sort of feedback indicating that the manual linking has been completed. At that time I do believe the asterisk will then appear indicating your award has been issued.

              73,

              Dell

              >Thank you for the input. When I go to the DXCC Account Status page I see:
              >
              >This account includes credits for the following:
              >NT2F - UNITED STATES OF AMERICA
              >WB4JVR - UNITED STATES OF AMERICA
              >
              >Is this OK? Does this mean the accounts are linked as you inidcated?
              >Or do I need to link these calls to the DXCC record?
              >
              >I see no reference to these accounts being "Linked with DXCC record..."

              You should see that right under the text above ("This account includes
              credits for the following:").

              To link your LoTW account with your DXCC records, click on the "Link
              Account" below the list of callsigns.

              The sentence reads "If you have an existing DXCC record that this
              account should be linked to, use
              <https://p1k.arrl.org/lotwuser/awardaccount?awardaccountcmd=link&awg_id=DXCC&ac_acct=1>Link
              Account. This will allow the LoTW system to keep track of those QSLs
              that would give you new DXCC credits. This will also allow you to view
              your DXCC record here on the LoTW Web site."

              Just click that link. If I remember right, there's some manual
              processing that has to take place for this to work, so it may take a
              day or two before the linkage is set up.

            • Bert - W0RSB
              Message 6 of 9 , May 28, 2011
                I have the same "issue" of not having the "Award has been issued" indicator on the categories for which I have awards.

                It's just that I have no existing DXCC record, having done all my applications via LOTW.

                Since I have the paper certificates in my possession, I'm not too concerned.

                My similar LOTW-only WAS awards do have the asterisk.

                --- In ARRL-LOTW@yahoogroups.com, Dell - W2DX <w2dx.dellg@...> wrote:

                > Jim,
                >
                > Rick sounds spot-on with the issue. Your LoTW DXCC account is not
                > currently linked to your DXCC record. Follow the link as described
                > by Rick and in a few days you should get some sort of feedback
                > indicating that the manual linking has been completed. At that time
                > I do believe the asterisk will then appear indicating your award
                > has been issued.
                >

                > 73,
                >
                > Dell
                >

                > ________________________________

              • jim_nt2f
                Message 7 of 9 , May 28, 2011
                  Bert, Dell and Rick,

                  Thank you for the assistance. I have done as you have suggested so now I'll wait and see what happens.

                  Again, many thanks and 73

                  Jim/NT2F
                • Dell - W2DX
                  Message 8 of 9 , May 28, 2011
                    For what its worth Bert, I have never submitted a paper QSL for any award, including DXCC, but I still have a DXCC record which I had to link to my LoTW DXCC account.

                    I finally found my old email message regarding the asterisk, DXCC record and LoTW linking:

                    SubjectRE: RE: w2dx - DXCC Award
                    FromView message header detail "Moore, Bill,  NC1L"
                    DateThursday, March 15, 2007 8:18 am
                    To w2dx

                    Dell:

                    There is still one more step.

                    Pleas esign on and click awards. Select your DXCC account.

                    On the left there will be a link called ‘Link Account’

                    Click this and answer the question.

                    Once this is done and I complete the link here, you will see the (*).

                    Regards

                    Bill Moore NC1L

                    DXCC Branch Manager

                    www.arrl.org/awards/dxcc

                    Message 9 of 9 , May 28, 2011
                      Well OK.

                      I just did that.

                      It will probably turn out to be a good idea one of these days; I've got another 100+ entities confirmed on cards that I intend to submit.

                      Some day.