Problems with entries..

  • kevm0tnx
    Message 1 of 4 , May 4, 2011
      Hello All..

      Please can I first introduce myself, and say thanks to the group admin and mods.

      I'm Kev Haworth, M0TNX/MR0TNX/2E0XTC, spend a lot of time portable near the beach and using vertical antennas. I signed up for LoTW in December 2010, I should have done it years ago!

      I am actively chasing my mixed DXCC, and then after that, I will concentrate on 160 DXCC, around 8 years ago I had a hard drive crash, which lost my details of some 160 plus countries worked, I have backd up ever since!

      Please could you advise me on the following, does LoTW automatically convert times submitted to UTC, or is it best to log in UTC as a matter of course? I'm new to HRD and have only just found the setting to set the clock to UTC, hence, some logs are out of schedule with other users..

      I'm on 86 confirmed now, and pushing hard for the 100, so please, if you hear me on the bands, do come and say Hi!

      Thanks in advance.

      Kev

      M0TNX
    • Tom GM4FDM
      Message 2 of 4 , May 4, 2011
        Hi Kev

        I dont think LOTW converts anything to anything, it is basically a storgare place for logs and has the capacity to compare logs and find a match - hence you get a confirmed QSO.   For Amateur Radio purposes it is much better to keep you log to UTC or GMT whichever you prefer to call it.

        LOTW in comparing logs to agree QSOs has a time window or around 20 minutes I believe, by which I mean that if your log differs from the log of the DX station by more than 20 minutes - then LOTW will fail to find a match.

        So it is important that your PC is on the correct time and I suggest always UTC/GMT.   There are programmes out there you can download to run in the back ground which will lock your PC to GMT/UTC - like "Atomic Clock".   I always have one running in the background of my radio PC.

        Hope this helps - good luck - feel free to email direct off group.

        73 de Tom
        GM4FDM

        On 04/05/2011 09:43, kevm0tnx wrote:
[...]

        <*> Your email settings:
            Individual Email | Traditional

        <*> To change settings online go to:
            (Yahoo! ID required)

        <*> To change settings via email:
            ARRL-LOTW-digest@yahoogroups.com
            ARRL-LOTW-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

            http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

        http://www.netintelligence.com/email

      • Elsie & Gerry
        Message 3 of 4 , May 4, 2011
          Kev,

          LoTW records must be in UTC (see TQSL HELP). If not, you will not get matched QSOs. Fix your times and re-upload. no need to delete the ones with bad times. There is no delete process on LoTW. The bad Qs will just never be matched.

          73,
          Gerry VE6LB/VA6XDX
          DXCC Field Checker-Southern Alberta
          VE/VA6 QSL Bureau Team
          (403) 803-8170

          Message 4 of 4 , May 4, 2011
            Hi Kev and welcome to LoTW. :-)

            Sorry to hear about your data loss, but I'm glad to hear that you are back in the game again.

            Times are in UTC and must be within 30 minutes of the other contact to match:

            https://p1k.arrl.org/lotw/faq#datamatch

            73 es GL de k4Wes