Re: [ARRL-LOTW] Processing delays?

  • Robert Chudek - K0RC
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 3, 2011
      The LoTW is not a "real-time" system, rather it is a "batch" system. It collects logs to be processed, and when it gets "good and ready", it will process the batch. The "good and ready" part is a variable time element that only "the Shadow knows".

      73 de Bob - KØRC in MN

      On 3/3/2011 8:37 PM, ANDY - N1ORK wrote:

      I uploaded 5 QSOs from our club station (K9OEM) to LOTW today. It took 2 hours to process before I could download the results back to ACLog. Sometimes it only takes a few minutes, but each time the 'Logbook Activity Record' message says it only took 0.2 seconds or so to process:
      "Successfully processed 5 QSO records in 0.260135 seconds"

      What gives?
      :(

    • Gil Baron
      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 4, 2011

        For the price it ought to be real time or close to it. There is not that much to process if they had a reasonable size system to do it. It seems the batch is like once a month.

        Gil W0MN Rochester MN

        44.082N 92.513W 1060'

        Hierro candente, Batir de repente

        Message 3 of 6 , Mar 4, 2011
          At 07:22 AM 3/4/2011, Gil Baron wrote:

          >For the price it ought to be real time or close to it. There is not
          >that much to process if they had a reasonable size system to do it. It
          >seems the batch is like once a month.

          I've never seen a delay of more than a few hours for uploads to complete.
          If you've seen a month, something is seriously wrong.
          -Rick
        • Gil Baron
          Message 4 of 6 , Mar 4, 2011
            Uploads are fast, usually minutes. I refer to processing awards and other
            thighs that are not fast. The things that seem to batched whenever they feel
            like it.

            Message 5 of 6 , Mar 4, 2011
              On Fri, Mar 4, 2011 at 06:22, Gil Baron <rojomn@...> wrote:

              > For the price it ought to be real time or close to it. There is not that much to process if they had a reasonable size system to do it. It seems the batch is like once a month.

              "The price" is only paid by people that claim awards through LoTW;
              everyone else rides for free.

              The fees paid for claiming awards via LoTW does not cover the cost of
              operations of LoTW, which surely explains whyso little work has been
              done on it over the years.

              I hope the DB is backed up regularly.