Re: [ARRL-LOTW] Re: Problem using N3FJP's Amateur Contact Log with LOTW

  • Wes Linscott
    Message 1 of 10 , Feb 9, 2011
      The download side of it works fine, Charles. I'm just not able to upload
      directly from the logging program. I have verified and re-verified
      everything. I have gone over everything on the N3JFP site. It is very
      puzzling. Thanks for your suggestion anyhow.

      73,

      Wes W1LIC

      On 2/8/2011 8:15 PM, Charles wrote:

      > I assume this is not your problem?
      >
      > Mar 25, 2010: Synching or Downloading Log data -- Some LoTW users who
      > use N3FJP AC Log to upload their logs to Logbook of The World have
      > been experiencing difficulty. The solution is to configure the logging
      > software to connect to the LoTW server.
      >
      > Open N3FJP AC Log program.
      >
      > 1. Select the "LoTW" tab at the top of the log form.
      > 2. Select the tab "LoTW Server Settings" in the upper right of the
      > LoTW form.
      > 3. In the box marked "LoTW Download URL:" replace the current URL with
      > this new URL
      >
      > https://p1k.arrl.org/lotwuser/lotwreport.adi?login=
      >
      > Click DONE.
      >
      > 1. Make sure that all other settings such as own call, username and
      > password, and station location are correct.
      > 2. Now you should be able to upload and download data to LOTW using
      > the logging software utility.
      >
      > The N3FJP site < http://n3fjp.com/ > offers support for this program.
      >
      > --- In ARRL-LOTW@yahoogroups.com <mailto:ARRL-LOTW%40yahoogroups.com>,
      > "w1lic@..." <w1lic@...> wrote:
      >

      > > I'm having a problem with uploading direct from Amateur Contact Log
      > 3.0 to LOTW. I get the error message which says "Unable to sign
      > records. Please be sure you have installed version 1.10 or later of
      > the Trusted QSL software and have the path set correctly. Also make
      > sure that your station location specified above matches the station
      > location as specified in the TQSL software."
      > >
      > > I have TQSL 1.13 installed. The path is correct: C:\Program Files
      > (x86)\TrustedQSL. The location also is correct. The ACL 3.0 program
      > will download confirmed contacts from LOTW. I can export an ADIF file
      > from ACL 3.0 and then use TQSL to sign the file, then upload the TQ8
      > file to LOTW. I also can manually enter contacts using TQSL, sign the
      > file and upload to LOTW.
      > >
      > > I'm just wondering if anyone else using the N3FJP software has had a
      > similar problem and can offer any suggestions. I have been unable to
      > get to the bottom of it.
      > >
      > > Thanks.
      > >
      > > 73,
      > > Wes W1LIC

    • k5gzr
      Message 2 of 10 , Feb 10, 2011
        Wes,
        A couple of things to check:
        At the top of the ACLog main screen, click on LoTW. You should get the "Logbook of the World Manager" window in ACLog.

        1. To check to make sure you have the correct path to TQSL, on the lower left side of the main ACLog window, below 'Station Location', and below the place where you have entered your station location, click on the ADD button.

        a. If the path to TQSL is not correct, you will get a popup from ACLog that says: "Unable to add station location. Please be sure that you have installed version 1.10 or later of the Trusted QSL software and have set the path correctly." Click on OK to make the popup go away. The only way to get beyond this popup message is to have the correct path to TQSL. You could try using Windows Search to find the file named 'tqsl.exe'. If you did the normal install of TQSL, the path will be C:\Program Files\TrustedQSL Note that there is a space in Program Files.

        b. If you have the path to TQSL correct, you will get the first "Add Station Location" window in TQSL's add station location dialogue.

        2. Once you have the correct path to TQSL, when you get the "Add Station Location" window in TQSL, click on the CANCEL button, and you will be returned to ACLog's main window. Now, on the lower left side of the main ACLog window, below 'Station Location', and below the place where you have entered your station location, click on the EDIT button.

        a. If the station location you have entered on the ACLog "Logbook of the World Manager" window does not match one of the locations you have previously added in TQSL, you will get a popup from ACLog that says: "Name not found." Click on the OK button to make the popup go away. Close ACLog, start TQSL, click on 'Station', click on 'Edit Locations', and you will get the TQSL "Edit Station Locations" window. You will see one or more station locations. Each one starts with a callsign, then a space, then a dash (-), then a space, and the rest is the 'station location' that you need to put into the 'Station Location' box in ACLog's "Logbook of the World Manager" window.

        b. Once you have a valid station location in the ACLog "Logbook of the World Manager" window, when you click the "EDIT" button below the location, you will see the first "Edit Station Location" window in TQSL's station location edit dialogue. Once you have completed the edit dialogue and have saved your changes (if any) you will be returned to ACLog's "Logbook of the World Manager" window, with a valid path and a valid station location.

        Good luck!
        Rick - K5GZR

        --- In ARRL-LOTW@yahoogroups.com, Wes Linscott <w1lic@...> wrote:

        > ... I'm just not able to upload directly from the logging program. I have verified and re-verified everything. I have gone over everything on the N3JFP site. It is very puzzling.
        > 73,
        >
        > Wes W1LIC

      • Wes Linscott
        Message 3 of 10 , Feb 10, 2011
          Thanks, Rick. Actually, I'm back in business. I backed-up the database
          and then uninstalled ACLog. After I reinstalled it, everything is
          working fine. Sometimes that all it takes.

          Thanks to everyone for their advice.

          73,

          Wes W1LIC

          On 2/10/2011 7:01 PM, k5gzr wrote:

> [...]
          > Location' box in ACLog's "Logbook of the World Manager" window.
          >
          > b. Once you have a valid station location in the ACLog "Logbook of the
          > World Manager" window, when you click the "EDIT" button below the
          > location, you will see the first "Edit Station Location" window in
          > TQSL's station location edit dialogue. Once you have completed the
          > edit dialogue and have saved your changes (if any) you will be
          > returned to ACLog's "Logbook of the World Manager" window, with a
          > valid path and a valid station location.
          >
          > Good luck!
          > Rick - K5GZR

          > --- In ARRL-LOTW@yahoogroups.com <mailto:ARRL-LOTW%40yahoogroups.com>,
          > Wes Linscott <w1lic@...> wrote:
          > >
          > > ... I'm just not able to upload directly from the logging program. I
          > have verified and re-verified everything. I have gone over everything

        • Jerry
          Message 4 of 10 , Feb 10, 2011
            Hi Wes !

            Sometimes we too many folks being helpful which, although a good thing, can muddy the waters.

            Had that happen when I announced on local 2m repeater that I was building a dopplescan antenna for DFing.   I didn't seek any advice, but I got lots of it ... in fact, I got so much advice (more than Carter has pills) that I lost all interest in finishing the project and it has sat in closet for a year now.     Oh well ....

            Jerry

> [...]

            > Location' box in ACLog's "Logbook of the World Manager" window.
            >
            > b. Once you have a valid station location in the ACLog "Logbook of the
            > World Manager" window, when you click the "EDIT" button below the
            > location, you will see the first "Edit Station Location" window in
            > TQSL's station location edit dialogue. Once you have completed the
            > edit dialogue and have saved your changes (if any) you will be
            > returned to ACLog's "Logbook of the World Manager" window, with a
            > valid path and a valid station location.
            >
            > Good luck!
            > Rick - K5GZR

            > --- In ARRL-LOTW@yahoogroups.com <mailto:ARRL-LOTW%40yahoogroups.com>,
            > Wes Linscott <w1lic@...> wrote:
            > >
            > > ... I'm just not able to upload directly from the logging program. I
            > have verified and re-verified everything. I have gone over everything

            <*> Your email settings:
                Individual Email | Traditional

            <*> To change settings online go to:
                (Yahoo! ID required)

            <*> To change settings via email:
                ARRL-LOTW-digest@yahoogroups.com
                ARRL-LOTW-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

                http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

          • k5gzr
            Message 5 of 10 , Feb 11, 2011
              Wes,
              That's good to hear. Thanks for the status update.
              73,