DXCC FEES

  • R Johnson
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 2 7:05 PM
      In Checking the Awards Fee schedule for DXCC, WAS, and VUCC, I find some major
      price differences between the major Awards.

      Note: These fees are for your FIRST Certificate and Pin !!!

      Using Paper for submission the cost are:
      DXCC $12
      WAS $15
      VUCC $46

      Using LoTW for submission the cost are:
      DXCC $12 + the number of LoTW credits used ($0.15 to $0.25 depending on number purchased)
      WAS $20.70
      VUCC $40

      I fail to understand why using Paper, VUCC costs about 4 times DXCC
      and about 3 times WAS

      Previously VUCC was a flat fee of $15 !!!
      This was for the Certificate and Pin. Now the ARRL wants $46.

      Some thing is wrong with the Fee Schedule in the NEW VUCC Rules.
      Either in the way they presented it or the VHF+ community is getting screwed over.

      Another thing, in DXCC you could do a "Hybrid Submission", mixed Paper and Lotw for
      one "Application Fee". Now with VUCC you are forced to make 2 Applications bringing
      the cost much higher. The cost depends on the number of Paper vs LoTW used.
      With a 50/50 mix it VUCC would cost about $49 !!! (2 App. fees, 1 Cert., and 1 Pin)

      I Hope this isn't the real cost for VUCC now !!! Someone must have made a mistake !!!

      -------------FEE Calculations from ARRL Web Site Data------------

      DXCC
      Initiation This is an applicant's first-ever submission to the DXCC program. For ARRL members the first-ever submission fee is $12. For Non-ARRL members this fee is $22. This fee covers the cost of processing up to 120 QSO's, one certificate and lapel pin.

      Application fee $12.00
      Per QSO fee NONE (120 cards included)
      Certificate NONE (included with Initial Application)
      Pin NONE (included with Initial Application)

      Total $12.00

      ********************** WAS **********************
      WAS (paper)
      Application fee NONE
      Per QSO fee NONE
      Certificate $10.00
      Pin $5.00

      Total $15.00

      WAS (LoTW)
      LoTW Service Fee $5.00
      Per QSO fee NONE
      Certificate $10.00
      Pin $5.00
      Postage $0.70

      Total $20.70

      ********************** VUCC *********************
      VUCC (Paper)
      From the NEW VUCC fee listing from ARRL web site:

      Application fee $7.00
      Per QSO fee $0.20 $20.00
      Certificate $12.00
      Pin $7.00

      Total $46.00

      VUCC (LoTW)
      From the NEW VUCC fee listing from ARRL web site:

      Application fee $5.00
      Per QSO fee $0.16 $16.00
      Certificate $12.00
      Pin $7.00
      Total $40.00

      Bob, K1VU
    • Richard J. Fiero II W5TFW
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 3 7:13 AM
        YOU have made a FEW mistakes, the OLD VUCC FEE was 10.00 + 7.00
        for the pin fee. before that, it was just 7.00 & THE PIN WAS free !

        ** YOUR NEXT MISTAKE IS IN THINKING THAT THE dxcc FEES ARENT GOING TO COME
        IN line WITH THE VUCC fees very soon !

        "Paper" applications actually, COST them more money to process that is the
        reason they are higher ! before, the took WAS & VUCC with a Grain of salt.
        but its costing them LOTS of money to process all the appliciations now.
        they had to
        HIRE, EXTRA help just for the awards and we are now going to PAY for that
        help !

        I spoke to them at LENGTH on the phone and they are going to make
        them all pretty close together.

        Joey

> [...]
        > the cost much higher. The cost depends on the number of Paper vs LoTW
        > used.
        > With a 50/50 mix it VUCC would cost about $49 !!! (2 App. fees, 1 Cert.,
        > and 1 Pin)
        >
        > I Hope this isn't the real cost for VUCC now !!! Someone must have made a
        > mistake !!!
        >

        > -------------FEE Calculations from ARRL Web Site Data------------
        >
        > DXCC
        > Initiation This is an applicant's first-ever submission to the DXCC
        > program. For ARRL members the first-ever submission fee is $12. For
        > Non-ARRL members this fee is $22. This fee covers the cost of processing
        > up to 120 QSO's, one certificate and lapel pin.
        >
        > Application fee $12.00
        > Per QSO fee NONE (120 cards included)
        > Certificate NONE (included with Initial Application)
        > Pin NONE (included with Initial Application)

      • w8jmf
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 3 7:49 AM
          Unless it is your very first application, DXCC is going to cost more than $12 when you request a certificate. Also if you go over 120 cards checked you have to pay per card. Shipping and handling is also added when processed.