[ARRL-LOTW] League management

  • NA4FM (Buck)
    Message 1 of 4 , May 5, 2004
      LOTW doesn't need to charge per contact. They could charge a $5.00 fee
      to use LOTW credits for one award, or $10.00 for as many awards as you
      want to use them in a year. This would allow them to recoup their fees
      for operating LOTW and not be excessive.

      How is LOTW going to charge for contest entries? I believe that was one
      purpose of the LOTW, upload contest logs.... How much will a large club
      have to pay for making 20,000 contacts during Field Day when they apply
      for their award?

      My club would find an alternative contest in a hurry!

      Buck

      act=reply&messageNum=1131
      > Please do not reply to this message via email. More
      > information here:

    • Ron Wetjen
      Message 2 of 4 , May 6, 2004
        NA4FM (Buck) wrote:

        > How much will a large club have to pay for making 20,000
        > contacts during Field Day when they apply for their award?

        Where is your Field Day? I want to see the one that can make 20,000
        QSO's??? What "FD" award are you applying for that needs 20,000 QSL?

        > My club would find an alternative contest in a hurry!

        Alternative "contest" for what?

        Please explain ... I'm confused!

        Ron
      • Mike Mellinger WA0SXV
        Message 3 of 4 , May 6, 2004
          Don't be confused -- it is just a persistent and incorrect rumor that LOTW
          has something to do with uploading contest logs. I see nothing that
          indicates that the current handling of contest logs by uploading Cabrillo
          files to the contest log checkers won't continue.

          There was some complaining on this frequency about having to upload Q's to
          both the contest address and LOTW (if you wanted the logs in LOTW) but
          nothing more.

          73,
          Mike WA0SXV