Re: DXCC application not working?

  • russ_wq3x
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 3, 2011
      I was also a procrastinator this year. Had the same problem with the fields disappearing after entering my credit card info to buy more credits. But tried using Firefox and that worked. The DXCC application was down completely for a while but came back up in time for the end of year crunch. I don't believe this is tied to the credit card problem. If I had missed the deadline because of these problems I think I would be sending a polite e-mail to Bill Moore at DXCC to ask for a grace period, extending the deadline a few weeks into 2011. He is a very reasonable guy. But isn't it ridiculous for them to be screwing with the LoTW awards now at the most heavily used time of year?

      Russ WQ3X
    • Richard J. Fiero II W5TFW
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 3, 2011
        Heavily used time ?

        I was under the impression that the heaviest time of the year was Sept,
        isnt that when all are rushing to make the DXCC Year Book ? why would one
        want to wait till the end of the year anyway ?

        Joey
        > I was also a procrastinator this year. Had the same problem with the
        > fields disappearing after entering my credit card info to buy more
        > credits. But tried using Firefox and that worked. The DXCC application was
        > down completely for a while but came back up in time for the end of year
        > crunch. I don't believe this is tied to the credit card problem. If I had
        > missed the deadline because of these problems I think I would be sending a
        > polite e-mail to Bill Moore at DXCC to ask for a grace period, extending
        > the deadline a few weeks into 2011. He is a very reasonable guy. But isn't
        > it ridiculous for them to be screwing with the LoTW awards now at the most
        > heavily used time of year?
        >
        > Russ WQ3X

      • russ_wq3x
        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 3, 2011
          That was changed years ago. It runs January to December.