LOTW and VUCC

  • Trent Fleming
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 1, 2010
      I noticed the other day that the help text for adding a new location includes a discussion of entering the grid for VUCC - is that new or has it been there for a while?

      --
      Trent Fleming

              www.trentfleming.com

      Follow me on FaceBook
              www.facebook.com/thetechnologyadvisor

      Follow me on Twitter
              www.twitter.com/N4DTF
              www.twitter.com/remotedeposit
              www.twitter.com/techadvisor

    • GERRY
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 1, 2010
        I seem to recall it always being there.

        73, Gerry VE6LB/VA6XDX
        VE6 QSL Bureau Team
        DXCC Field Checker
        ve6lb@...
        403-251-0384
        http://www.qsl.net/ve6lb

        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 1, 2010
          On Mon, Nov 1, 2010 at 12:18, Trent Fleming <trent.fleming@...> wrote:

          > I noticed the other day that the help text for adding a new location includes a discussion of entering the grid for VUCC - is that new or has it been there for a while?

          Always been there, if by always you mean at least v1.11 (which is when
          I started). Operators really should make sure those fields are filled
          in correctly even though none of them "count" for now. I get a lot of
          LoTW matches where the operator has neglected to fill in even the
          state, let alone county, grid loc, or zones.

          Here are maps of the zones for those of you that need to edit your locations.

          http://www4.plala.or.jp/nomrax/ITU/index.html
          http://www4.plala.or.jp/nomrax/CQ/index.html

          BTW, correcting the zones, counties, and grid loc and then
          re-uploading QSOs will NOT result in the creation of zombies.
          Existing QSO records will merely be updated.