Re: [ARRL-LOTW] Errors

    Message 1 of 12 , Sep 1, 2010
      At 11:03 PM 8/31/2010, Jim Miller wrote:

      >I'm using TQSL v 1.12.unofficial.737

      Hmm. Where did you get that version? Seems kind of old; if it's one of
      my early releases you may have problems.
      I'd recommend grabbing a new release from http://www.rickmurphy.net/lotw/
      However, this isn't going to help fix your problem.

      > and getting the following error on Win7
      >
      >Error: Certificate QSO date out of range on line 31

      That's saying that there's a QSO on line 31 of your ADIF file that is
      not within the valid date range of your certificate.

      Run TQSLCert. Right click on the certificate you're using and choose
      "Properties".
      You'll see a pair of dates, "QSO Start Date" and "QSO End Date" -
      anything outside of that date range is not going to be accepted.
      Normally you set the "QSO Start Date" to be when your callsign was
      issued, and leave the "QSO End Date" blank when you request a
      certificate (this causes ARRL to set the end date to be the day before
      the certificate expires.)

      If you mistakenly set an end date on your certificate request, you'll
      need to make another certificate request with the right start and end
      dates, sign it with your current certificate, and upload to LoTW.
      Message 2 of 12 , Sep 1, 2010
        At 06:41 AM 9/1/2010, Rick Murphy/K1MU wrote:

        >At 11:03 PM 8/31/2010, Jim Miller wrote:
        > >

        > >I'm using TQSL v 1.12.unofficial.737
        >
        >Hmm. Where did you get that version? Seems kind of old; if it's one of
        >my early releases you may have problems.
        >I'd recommend grabbing a new release from
        ><http://www.rickmurphy.net/lotw/>http://www.rickmurphy.net/lotw/

        OK, I shouldn't try sending e-mail before coffee.
        I thought .777 was current, but no - Jim was running the most recent
        build from my site already.

        His issue apparently was caused by the end date on his certificate.
      • mdgolfbum
        Message 3 of 12 , Sep 2, 2010
          Got a proper cert (without an end date) and just did a successful .tq8 submission.

          Thanks!

          jim ab3cv
        • Tom
          Message 4 of 12 , May 2, 2013
            For some reason, I keep getting the same errors when I try to write a TQ8 file...

            OpenSSL error: error:0D07207B:asn1 encoding routines:ASN1_get_object:header too long on line 21
            What am I doing wrong?
            Tom K5IID
            Message 5 of 12 , May 2, 2013
              >>>AA6YQ comments below

              For some reason, I keep getting the same errors when I try to write a TQ8 file...

              OpenSSL error: error:0D07207B:asn1 encoding routines:ASN1_get_object:header too long on line 21
              What am I doing wrong?

              >>>In TQSL’s Help menu, please select the About command. In the About window that appears, what is the first line of text?

              >>>If you attach your ADIF or Cabrillo file to an email message and send it to me via

              aa6yq (at) ambersoft.com

              Message 6 of 12 , May 3, 2013
                At 12:57 AM 5/3/2013, Tom wrote:

                >For some reason, I keep getting the same errors when I try to write a
                >TQ8 file...
                >
                >OpenSSL error: error:0D07207B:asn1 encoding
                >routines:ASN1_get_object:header too long on line 21
                >What am I doing wrong?
                >Tom K5IID

                The most likely cause of this kind of error is that your certificate
                has become corrupted and can't be decoded.
                In addition to what AA6YQ suggested, if you have a .P12 backup of your
                certificate you should try to restore that backup, which will probably
                fix the error.

                If you don't have a .P12, or any other backup, then you'll need to
                request a new certificate.