OT: Packet 0400Z

  • Jim WA9YSD
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 1, 2010
      I wonder if any one has seen this.

      Some time between 0400 and 0700 Z I have a gap of no packet spots the last few
      of months. I have checked a couple of packet clusters on line and see the same
      thing when I connect to them.

      I leave my computer on 24/7. It is not related to my provider.

      When I connect I do a sh/dx 100 spots to each site I connect to I have seen this
      gap. What is happening? Why? What internet packet nodes can I connect to that
      do not have this issue?

      Stay on course, fight a good fight, and keep the faith. Jim K9TF/WA9YSD
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 1, 2010
        At 05:05 PM 8/1/2010, Jim WA9YSD wrote:

        >I wonder if any one has seen this.
        >
        >Some time between 0400 and 0700 Z I have a gap of no packet spots the
        >last few
        >of months. I have checked a couple of packet clusters on line and see
        >the same
        >thing when I connect to them.

        Looking in the scrollback, I see BV7GC at 0440Z and 0529Z.

        >I leave my computer on 24/7. It is not related to my provider.
        >
        >When I connect I do a sh/dx 100 spots to each site I connect to I have
        >seen this
        >gap. What is happening? Why? What internet packet nodes can I connect
        >to that
        >do not have this issue?

        I don't know. I seem to be connected to VE7CC-1 right now (oops -
        that's a misconfiguration on my part that I'll go fix) and it doesn't
        show the gap you're mentioning.

        I'm not sure why you're asking here, though.
      • Bob Nielsen
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 2, 2010
          I am not seeing that behavior on my cluster node, which you are welcome to use (n7xy.net, port 7300).

          73, Bob N7XY

          On Aug 2, 2010, at 2:51 AM, ARRL-LOTW@yahoogroups.com wrote:

          Posted by: "Jim WA9YSD" wa9ysd@...   wa9ysd

          Sun Aug 1, 2010 2:05 pm (PDT)