8696Re: [ARRL-LOTW] VUCC or other??

    Jan 4, 2010
      On Mon, Jan 4, 2010 at 15:36, wb4iuy@... <WB4IUY@...> wrote:

      > Does the ARRL have a person (or people) who are working on LOTW for
      > implementation of things like VUCC and other ARL awards?

      One person, apparently, and not full-time. Remember that fees
      collected from cashing in LoTW credits DO NOT cover the cost of
      operating LoTW.

      > It would be great if they could get something worked out with CQ like eQSL
      > did, to allow for CQ to easily accept ARRL QSL credits as well.

      I can't imagine CQ ever overtly accepting anything from the ARRL.
      Rumor has it that they will accept printouts of your LoTW credits for
      awards, but they aren't up-front about it.

      IMNSHO, for LoTW to thrive and be a QSO match engine for *any* award,
      the ARRL needs to spin it off into a separate foundation.

      As for eQSL ... I have a 4X "card" there awaiting my approval. Of
      course, I've never worked 4X (sadly!). That's not possible with LoTQ.
      'nuff said.