8693Re: VUCC or other??

  • la4rt
    Jan 4, 2010
      --- In ARRL-LOTW@yahoogroups.com, "wb4iuy@..." <WB4IUY@...> wrote:
      > Over the last few years I've been watching to see if the ARRL was going to
      > actually bring VUCC or other awards to LOTW, but haven't seen any change in
      > a long time. Does anyone know if there is any move afoot to bring LOTW
      > forward, or is it pretty much just going to be for WAS & DXCC?
      > Thanks,
      > Dave WB4IUY

      Obviously, VUCC is an ARRL award. The easiest way to integrate with LotW is to code it into LotW.

      As for awards with other sponsors, like WAZ or IOTA, ARRL should let you download digitally signed LotW reports, signed with the ARRL's published public key (which they've hopefully now learned not to let expire).

      *Any* third party award program could then verify the report, and decide for themselves whether or not to trust LotW. No bilateral agreement necessary.

      I guess data quality could be a problem. I've heard claims that IOTA numbers are often wrong. OTOH, QSL cards can also be wrong.

      Jon LA4RT, Trondheim, Norway
    • Show all 15 messages in this topic