5351Re: [ARRL-LOTW] Can't Load my Certificate

  • Sebastian
    Aug 3, 2008
      I had the exact same problem for weeks. I had to end up using LoTW
      software on my Mac - never had a problem there. I also saved my .p12
      file, and tried to import it to my PC and got the same error.

      I worked on this for several days, and thought that perhaps there was
      something wrong with my PC, so I installed it in my wife's XP machine,
      and got the same error.

      I don't know what I did, but I then went ahead and created a new .p12
      file from my Mac, moved it over to the PC, and downloaded the program
      again; and I was finally able to load it.

      I wish I could help you and tell you what made it work, but
      unfortunately, I can't. And I have a feeling you are not alone.

      73 de W4AS
      Sebastian

      On Aug 3, 2008, at 8:51 PM, mccormick_mack wrote:

      > I saved my P12 file from my old computer that was running LOTW.
      >
      > I built a new XP Pro computer and when I try to import my p12 file I
      > recieve the following error: System error: C\Document and
      > Settings\mmccormi\Application Data/TrustedQSL/keys/WB4MAK: Permission
      > denied
      >
      > I already had ownership of all LOTW folders but tried taking ownership
      > of them anyway. It made no difference.
      >
      > If I create a different user profile I can successfully upload the p12
      > file and upload files to LOTW. I don't want to use a different user
      > profile.
      >
      > All ideas to correct this problem are gratefully appreciated!
      >
      > 73,
      >
      > Mack
      > WB4MAK
    • Show all 17 messages in this topic