3849Re: 125 Million QSO's Cant be Wrong

  • timgep
    Apr 1, 2007
      --- In ARRL-LOTW@yahoogroups.com, "timgep" <timgep@...> wrote:

      > Congrats! We passed 125 million QSOs on LOTW yesterday.
      >
      > Overall QSL rate is now at 13% and climbing.

      I took a snapshot over the weekend of slightly over
      200,000 new QSOs that came in. Here are my stats:

      Date Total QSO's Total QSL Records
      3/30 125,103,815 8,131,451

      4/1 125,310,347 8,148,561

      diff 206,532 17,110

      So for this time period, the QSL rate for these
      new QSO's is 8.28% Obviously, long-term these QSO's
      will be matched at a much higher rate. Still, this
      8 percent number seems low to me.

      I'm thinking this isn't enough data to predict where
      the LOTW overall QSL rate is headed. Obviously there
      are a lot of factors like RTTY Contest weekends etc.
      I thought this weekend was a good choice for a study,
      since there is no major contest going on.

      I did notice that Friday was a particularly bad day for QSL matches,
      and that it got progressively better over the weekend.

      Tim K6GEP
    • Show all 6 messages in this topic