3095Re: [ARRL-LOTW] still my earliest LoTW qso/qsl

  • Joseph Lutz
    Aug 1, 2006
      I guess a lot of activity on LoTW today is for
      current ops.  I have uploaded files for different
      variations of my call W7LPF since 1977 - the
      70's are nil - - I was, and still may upload files
      that I have back since starting out WN7ZQV in
      1955 - but just seeing the results of my typing
      in close to 25K logs from W7LPF/DU2 ops
      78-81, I really don't think it is worth the time.  I
      continually get notification of hits for DU2 from
      the E-QSL site though.  Still have the logs for
      W7ZQV/KG6 also to upload - but right now I
      am trying to catch up on logs that I ''found'' on
      CD's that I had copied when I was switching pc's
       - - It sure was a lot easier and more time was
      spent on-the-air when it was paper logs and
      no pc's!!
      Progress is great - but what enjoyment does on
      get when a computer does 'everything' for them,
      and they can just sit and watch the monitor.
      And I agree - LoTW is very slow, taking a long,
      but that is usual as was stated - first of the month,
      after a contest - etc.

      Joe