23163Re: [ARRL-LOTW] Re: what version

  • Rick Murphy
    Aug 8, 2014
      That's correct. If you're stuck on XP, you can use Firefox to open websites that Internet Explorer won't allow.
      Heed Joe's comment though: you're using an unsupported operating system with known problems that Microsoft will NOT fix. All it takes is clicking on one bad link and your system is going to be taken over.

      On Fri, Aug 8, 2014 at 5:31 PM, Frank T Brady franktbrady@... [ARRL-LOTW] <ARRL-LOTW@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

      Iain,
      That's great news for me - I don't remember seeing that throughout this thread.
      So, since I use Firefox, I can limp along until w9 is available.
      (unless I misunderstood, all of my LOTW functions will keep working via Firefox).
      Tx and 73
      frank w0ecs

      On 8/8/2014 5:04 PM, iain macdonnell - N6ML ar@... [ARRL-LOTW] wrote:

      You can if you run Firefox instead of Internet Exploder, since it
      doesn't use the Windows security libraries.

      Whether or not you *should* (still use XP) is another matter...

      73,

      ~iain / N6ML

      --
      Rick Murphy, CISSP-ISSAP, K1MU/4, Annandale VA USA
    • Show all 16 messages in this topic