20710Re: [ARRL-LOTW] duh??

  • Rick Murphy
    Oct 6, 2013
      On Sun, Oct 6, 2013 at 9:34 AM, Brian Alsop <alsopb@...> wrote:
      > If so, then one person reuploading the QSO's with the correct mode will
      > never get a match for that corrected mode. So why bother.

      You seem to be assuming that all of the QSOs with the incorrect mode
      matched someone else's incorrect mode.
      I don't know if that's the case here, but I don't think so.

      I think that what's happened is a bunch (around 1000) QSOs with
      invalid mode. Some of those caused QSLs.
      You can't fix those QSLs by re-uploading with the right mode, but any
      other QSOs where the other station logged the mode correctly will lead
      to a match when they're re-uploaded.

      If Joe's suggestion that this was caused by a common bug in some
      software, then only some QSOs would have been QSLed, so fixing the
      contacts would be worthwhile.
    • Show all 8 messages in this topic