19052Re: Need Help Renewing Certificate

  • gatorman_71
    Mar 2, 2013
      Thanks for your patience guys. This is still as clear as mud. I uploaded my request to LOTW. It says "you will receive your certificate after it has been created. Your certificate processing request processing is completed."

      I'm thinking that the second sentence is what confused me. I'm thinking they are telling me I'm ready to load something? I guess I have NOT received my new certificate yet though? How long does it take? Where does it show up? Will it be in an email?

      Again, thanks all for your patience.

      Steve

      --- In ARRL-LOTW@yahoogroups.com, "Joe Subich, W4TV" <lists@...> wrote:

      > That's one of the primary goals of the open source tQSL project
      > currently being run by AA6YQ and K1MU. I expect to see the first
      > results from them soon (at least some preliminary concept code to
      > a small group of alpha testers - with a wider beta test some
      > weeks after that).
      >
      > 73,
      >
      > ... Joe, W4TV
      >

      > On 3/2/2013 10:50 AM, Bry Carling wrote:
      > > They need to make this more complicated. I can see that it is just way too simple now. ;)

      > >> If you received a new certificate via e-mail, simply double click
      > >> the attachment in your e-mail program. tQSL should launch and load
      > >> the "N4JQQ.tq6" (presumably) automatically.
      > >>
      > >> To manually load a new certificate file from LotW, save it to your
      > >> desktop or downloads directory, open "tQSL Cert" select "File |
      > >> Load Certificate File", select "TQSL (.q6) certificate file - A
      > >> file you received from the certificate issuer [ARRL] that contains
      > >> the issued [new] certificate and/or configuration data"
      > >>
      > >> Note: you must perform these steps using the same computer and while
      > >> logged onto the computer using the same "user account" on the computer
      > >> as you were using when you created the certificate request (renewal).
      > >>
      > >> Once you have loaded the tq6 file, you would be wise to follow the
      > >> instructions to save the certificate (as a *.p12 file) by selecting
      > >> the new certificate, clicking on "Certificate | Save" and following
      > >> the instructions. The *.p12 file is the only "portable" complete
      > >> certificate and will be needed to move tQSL to another computer or
      > >> restore the certificate following a crash. *.p12 files should be
      > >> stored "off-line" - on a thumb drive, cloud storage or other media
      > >> that you can access from another system if necessary.
      > >>
      > >> 73,
      > >>
      > >> ... Joe, W4TV

      > > regards,
      > > Bry Carling