15217Re: [ARRL-LOTW] Kudos

  • goldtr8@charter.net
    Sep 2, 2012
      I have had my general ticket since April of 2010  and ran mobile until November of that year and did not make many contacts.  Since putting up a shack and first a simple dipole, then a 160m 2wl loop one year later and then this month an 80m vertical I have really really made a lot of contacts.

      I now have loaded 3470 QSO's with 1031 confirmed via LOTW.    I have more with cards, but I dont do much with them, paper is not my goal, but I do like the LOTW confirms as it is so easy to track where you are at.

      Cheers
      Don

      ~73
      Don
      KD8NNU
      FH#4107

      On Sun, Sep 2, 2012 at 9:24 AM, Keith wrote:

         Congrats Don! LOTW is pretty awesome for sure. Every once in awhile when I get a new entity for mixed DXCC I smile. They get fewer and fewer as your numbers increase it seems but it is always good to mention LOTW when you have a chance to DX so maybe they will start to consider making the move.

      Been using LOTW since I got started 20 months ago into ham radio and use both cards and LOTW and have 238 total with 222 confirmed. Over 170 of those are confirmed on LOTW.

      Good hunting!!!

      Keith
      AG6AZ

      Sent from my iPhone please excuse typos

      On Sep 2, 2012, at 6:09 AM, goldtr8@...wrote:

      I do not worry about fast turn around on LOTW as most folks take their time in uploading their logs and the confirms happen when they happen.

      Some confirmations I am getting now are over 1 year old.   So that to me is the biggest positive as this to means that more folks are slowly joining the LOTW ranks.

      By the way I was stuck at 99 countries for months and this week two DX expiditions showed up and I am at 101 for mixed operations.

      ~73
      Don
      KD8NNU
      FH#4107

      On Sun, Sep 2, 2012 at 8:43 AM, Scott wrote:

          Ok, we like to complain about long wait times for our logs to get processed. I will start a topic with big kudos. Whether it's something to not get used to is the question.

      I submitted my .adi file for the Russian RTTY contest last night. Within 2 minutes the file had been processed. Who would have thought on a holiday weekend this would happen.

      Hopefully this is a sign of things to come once contesting season goes full swing.

      Thanks!

      Scott
      KN3A

    • Show all 4 messages in this topic