Greetings

  • pcorpswoodward
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 5, 2006
      discussed at our first meeting. While we're only meeting every
      quarter, I envision this group as a place where we can share ideas
      and discuss issues facing our respective jurisdictions as the need
      arises. As I mentioned in my original email and as I stated at the
      March Disaster Services meeting, John in Decatur, Sondra in
      Bloomington and Colleen in Springfield and I had just started the
      process of communicating on a more frequent basis (before a
      disaster!). There's no reason why all of us with responsibilities
      in Emergency and Disaster Services can't correspond on a more
      frequent basis that the night of a tornado.

      Amazingly though, the original gang of four didn't exchange after-
      hours contact information (we have now). That made it a little hard
      for us to communicate the night of the last storms to touch base and
      see if any of us needed anything. As such, I've started a database
      of contact information in this forum. Please share as much as you
      want with how to contact you both during DROs and normal
      operations.

      You'll also notice that I downloaded the two documents that I sent
      out during the original email. You too can share documents and
      other items in this group.

      More to follow. . .

      Billy.