Re: Lower back

  • Jerry Lum
    Message 1 of 1 , May 1, 2006
      Hi Daniel.

      Well wishes for a speedy recovery. We have only three sessions left before our final project presentation and critque. Please make a list of concerns to be addressed by me for each class session. Have completed work (site plan, floor plans, sections, and elevation studies) so that there is plenty to discuss. We went over the deliverables for 5/17 and their essential purposes (in order of importance):

      Site model @ 1/8"-1'-0": illustrates massing and responses between topography and built environment, setting up "moments"; may be expression of frame only OR building envelope with opaque and transparent surfaces (exterior elevations and roof design)

      Drawings on boards (minimum 18 x 24; maximum 30 x 40; be consistent in size and format, ie, all landscape format or all portrait format)
      1. Site sections @ 1/8"=1'-0" (two minimum): illustrates relationships between internal and external spatial qualities; degrees of contrasts between sets of experiences; coordinate with floor plans; annotate to fully communicate significant aspects and responses
      2. Design concepts and concerns: diagrams and perspective vignettes; partial sections illustrating significant directions, strategies, language, and visions (site concerns, building concerns, circulation concepts, lighting concepts, form concepts, spatial concepts, etc.)
      3. Floor plans @ 1/8"=1'-0": Related to each other; show stairs, ramps, elevators, shared vertical openings, overhangs, significant exposed structure, skylights; indicate where sections are cut; label program activity areas

      4. Key site plan indicating responses and features outside of our site at an appropriate scale of your choice
      5. Exterior elevation @ 1/8'=1'-0" (one minimum, if not clearly included in model): indicates compositional strategies and logic for ordering and placing openings in the fenestration
      In general, include all significant aspects of your design that tangibly and clearly demonstrate your level of genius...the deliverables should communicate without further explanation. Avoid procrastination!

      Jerry

      >>> daniel martinez <frenesi40@...> 05/01/06 9:10
      AM >>>
      Jerry,

       I injured my lower back yesturday while exercising. I'm going to nurse the injury today in hopes that I will feel better by Wednesday. In the mean time I will continue working on the project as much as it is feasable given my condition.

      Thanks for your understanding

      Regards, Daniel

      Arch24