Re: [ARCH21] Inspiration!

  • Christoph Beltran
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 1, 2007
      Brian, thanks for the links to these buildings. I loved the Lyon-Satolas TGV Station by Calatrava . I actually ordered a Taschen book on him last week. I will bring it to class and share it with you, if you care to check it out?

      chris b...

      P.S. I have been trying to find out the names of buildings and the architects that did them here in S.F. and I think that the Emporis Buildings page is a great way to research buildings in S.F. as well as various other cities,  So check it out! Also I really just love the  new Federal Building on 7th and Mission, you can find a couple of pictures of it on this site.

      the new Federal Building;

      Check
      On Feb 27, 2007, at 12:36 AM, briknecht wrote:

      Here are three fucking awesome buildings that I just saw in this
      documentary that rocked my world...apparently, I am a modernist.

      The Stone Thermal Baths in Swizterland

      http://www.galinsky.com/buildings/baths/

      (not the best pictures but Im sure one could find more...)

      The Satolas train station in France by the dude who designed the
      totally cool Sundial Bridge up in Redding and the olympic Stadium in
      Greece:

      http://www.arcspace.com/architects/calatrava/Lyon-Satolas/

      Also to check out though I cant find a good webite of either check out
      Koolhaas and his Villa Dall'Ava and the Seattle Public Library.

      Very inspiring stuff! Architecture as scuplture!

      Peace,

      Brian