Fall 2005

  • Spencer
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 12 6:04 PM
      Well, I guess this won't be a cruising class for me. Thought it would
      be just a bunch of drawing assignments. Darn can't sleep in class now.

      Well no matter, I like making stuff.

      Hm... that is alot to read!

      Do we really have to know the color code to the six hats?
      Do we have to read the ideogram?

      Salute! :)
    • lum_jerry
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 16 2:55 PM
        Welcome Mr. Spencer Tai (did I get this right?)!

        Design and the study of architecture are immensely rewarding pursuits.
        However, there is more than a modicum of rigor that brings on that
        degree of pleasure. With the primary interest of helping our students
        to succeed, first at the university and then in the profession, we
        feel a heartfelt responsibility to "acclimate" our students as best as
        we can. Hence, the sometimes "more than anticipated" expectations
        imposed on you.

        As for "memorizing" the colors of the six hats...of course not...an
        understanding and hopefully application of the concepts and strategies
        are what is of importance. Design is a collaborative environment.

        As for reading items in our resource file and visiting links...do what
        your curious and adventurous mind and heart tells you. Afterall, your
        success is really a sole function of what you do and how you do it.
        We, as you instructors, can only guide and provoke you! You never have
        to do anything...however, there are consequences for everything we do.

        ;-)

        See you tomorrow!
        Jerry

        --- In ARCH21@yahoogroups.com, "Spencer" <holyarchmage@y...> wrote:
        > Well, I guess this won't be a cruising class for me. Thought it
        would
        > be just a bunch of drawing assignments. Darn can't sleep in class
        now.

        > Well no matter, I like making stuff.
        >
        > Hm... that is alot to read!
        >
        > Do we really have to know the color code to the six hats?
        > Do we have to read the ideogram?
        >
        > Salute! :)
      • Spencer
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 16 7:42 PM
          Not bad. Since this is my only class that is presumed to be a
          challenge, this shall get most of my attention.

          --- In ARCH21@yahoogroups.com, "lum_jerry" <jlum@c...> wrote:
          > Welcome Mr. Spencer Tai (did I get this right?)!
          >
          > Design and the study of architecture are immensely rewarding
          pursuits.
          > However, there is more than a modicum of rigor that brings on that
          > degree of pleasure. With the primary interest of helping our
          students
          > to succeed, first at the university and then in the profession, we
          > feel a heartfelt responsibility to "acclimate" our students as
          best as
          > we can. Hence, the sometimes "more than anticipated" expectations
          > imposed on you.
          >
          > As for "memorizing" the colors of the six hats...of course
          not...an
          > understanding and hopefully application of the concepts and
          strategies
          > are what is of importance. Design is a collaborative environment.
          >
          > As for reading items in our resource file and visiting links...do
          what
          > your curious and adventurous mind and heart tells you. Afterall,
          your
          > success is really a sole function of what you do and how you do
          it.
          > We, as you instructors, can only guide and provoke you! You never
          have
          > to do anything...however, there are consequences for everything we
          do.

          > ;-)
          >
          > See you tomorrow!
          > Jerry
          >
          > --- In ARCH21@yahoogroups.com, "Spencer" <holyarchmage@y...> wrote:
          > > Well, I guess this won't be a cruising class for me. Thought it
          > would
          > > be just a bunch of drawing assignments. Darn can't sleep in
          class
          > now.
          > >
          > > Well no matter, I like making stuff.
          > >
          > > Hm... that is alot to read!
          > >
          > > Do we really have to know the color code to the six hats?
          > > Do we have to read the ideogram?
          > >
          > > Salute! :)
        • Jerry Lum
          Message 4 of 4 , Aug 17 7:12 AM
            Great attitude and implicitely, you seems to convey a passion for this area of interest. This will enable you to quickly develop the requisite professional approach to your education that will have plenty of rewards now and later that will lead to your success filled with opportunity! Know that what lies ahead requires the ability to execute many things concurrently. With this in mind, you will figure out how to accomplish this well!

            Jerry

            >>> holyarchmage@... 08/16/05 7:42 PM >>>