Re: [ARCH21] response to Mila's request for guidance

  • mila ilieva
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 1 12:08 PM
      Blair!! This is cool, dude...
      Can you provide more details ???
      Thanks

      Mila

      blair marano <blair_marano@...> wrote:
      hey there, everyone! jerry is afraid that i may turn
      this design yahoo group into a dating service..... .as
      tempting as that is, i HAVE decided to invite everyone
      out for some fun around this lovely carnival city of
      ours. i'm all about seeing good local bands and
      finding the best holes-in-the- wall...these are all
      concerts that i am already planning on going to with
      various other good people and would love it if any of
      you joined us:

      "flipsyde" sunday sep. 3 @ the independent
      "benevente russo duo" thurs. sep 7 @ the independent
      "mike doughty" sun. sep 9 @ the independent
      "ima robot" and "persephone' s bees" date tba @ the
      mezzanine

      if anybody's interested and wants little descriptions
      of any of these bands, let me know. we usually go out
      a bit before and after the concert, so be
      forewarned.. ...piracy is assured

      peace
      blair

      --- Jerry Lum <jlum@...> wrote:

      > We all hit "THE WALL" as we pursue meaningful and
      > responsive design solutions. Do not abandon your
      > earlier work or your "kit of parts." Instead,
      > prioritize your thoughts and courageously select the
      > most significant (three max). Using these, explore
      > ways in which you may communicate these visually AND
      > relate them to each other until every element,
      > group, and portion of your 8.5 x 11 universe has
      > levels of "conversations/ dialogues" within the whole
      > composition.
      >
      > I think the guidance provided today during class may
      > be of some additional help to generate the next two
      > new, but connected iterations. In the end, try your
      > best and from simply doing it and struggling with
      > their completion, insights will undoubtedly emerge.
      > Sometimes the success of our work in progress is not
      > immediately apparent.
      >
      > Jerry

      Do You Yahoo!?
      http://mail. yahoo.com

    • blair marano
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 1 8:56 PM
        here's a bit more info, but your best bet would be to
        check these bands out on my favorite online music
        emporium, rhapsody.com.
        flipsyde: local hip-hop with live backing band
        benevente russo duo: nyc experimental jazz
        mike doughty: ex-lead singer from soul coughing
        (jazz/hip-hop fusion band popular in late 90's) his
        solo work is more singer-songwriter stuff with
        intelligent poetic lyrics and a bit of a cynical "i
        never wanted to be famous but i am anyway" attitude
        persephone's bees: fun upbeat mod-rock with danceable
        beats

        that's all i can say without getting paid for
        reviewing these bands one by one. check em out live
        or onlilne. look in the gaurdian for reviews/listings
        etc.

        peace

        http://mail.yahoo.com