5/13/13 Recap of Class Decisions and Reminders

  • lum_jerry
    Message 1 of 1 , May 13 5:30 PM
      ARCH 101 5.13.13 MEMORANDUM

      At the beginning of class, the following decisions and announcements were made as follows:

      Reminders:
      1. Final Presentations and Critiques for MW Section is Wednesday, 3 – 6 pm.
      a. All visual and oral presentations will be pinned up on our wall before our 3 pm start. Our jurors will be Prof. Andrew Chandler and Eric Stratmeyer.
      b. Each team will first present their visuals on 1/6 of the length of our pin-up wall and then take the jurors out to experience their installed designs. From left to right, team visual presentations are mounted in the counterclockwise order of the courtyard installations.
      c. Only one team (Alex, Cathy, Devin, Luis, and Vivian) will incorporate the ½"=1'-0" site model into their presentation.
      d. The courtyard will be cleaned up prior to Show Time.
      2. All courtyard and hillside sites will be thoroughly cleaned up, restored, and materials will be delivered to the CCSF Recycling Center prior or on Tuesday, 5/21 and Thursday 5/23. Final grades will not be issued until clean-up and site restoration are completed; and all Department tools are cleaned and placed back and organized so that future students will have the same opportunities and resources that we had. Everyone is responsible for achieving these objectives.
      3. Learning Portfolios are due no later than Wednesday, 5/22 at 4:00 pm (our designated final class meeting of the semester) via www.issuu.com with portfolio link sent to jerry.lum@.... Remember to include:
      a. A substantive and honest assessment of your ARCH 101 learning
      b. All individual and team collaborative work chronologically organized and produced since your Midterm Learning Portfolio submittal with written reflections related to your tectonic language and design process development.
      c. Include tips for success to help the next generation of ARCH 101 students.

      Wishing all a happy and successful end of the spring semester!