Reminders: Site Clean-up & Restoration and More...

  • lum_jerry
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 19, 2012
      Hi ARCH 101 Students.

      Just another reminder that we need to remove all installations from our Town & Country sites; restore the sites to at least the condition in which they were found before the final project started, and neatly store all material to be picked up by the Recycling Center staff on the 3rd floor terrace directly above our courtyard. Specifically:

      completely deconstruct all assemblies;
      bundle, wrap, and/or place materials in large trash bags in separate categories of material;
      store neatly and safely on the 3rd floor terrace directly above our courtyard;
      evenly redistribute the mulch on the hillside;
      dispose of all trash and litter on both sites;
      put yourselves in the shoes of the Recycling Staff and make it as easy for them as possible–they are doing our Department a favor!

      clean and return all tools and supplies belonging to The Department to their proper place–there are tools and supplies scattered throughout our studios;
      remove all work from wall, table, and floor surfaces and make sure that you are saving everything that you've produced for future reference and incorporation into your portfolios;
      back up and organize all digital work on external hard drives, clouds, etc. for easy retrieval and use;
      resolve all persistent issues related to,being attentive, time management (use a calendar and schedule out major milestones of activities needed to complete your task), engaging fully, moving from generalities to specificities, conducting relevant and credible research; uploading and downloading digital files; developing a foundation of digital tools; developing drawing skills; reading for comprehension and synthesis; relating fragments of knowledge into a relational whole; practice writing; and reflectively think about what you say and how you say it.
      developing the discipline and methodologies that will enhance your learning.

      Work hard, play hard, live a full constructively contributing and inspired life; and strive for a healthy balance. Expect of yourself what you expect from others and continually work towards purpose, mastery, and autonomy.

      With Heartfelt Appreciation and Continued Support,
      Jerry
    • Zx
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 19, 2012
        Hi Jerry. Hi Jerry. Hi Jerry. Can I get a copy of the 103 design program?
      • Jerry Lum
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 19, 2012
        i Blake, please find attached my developing notes in preparation for our upcoming ARCH 103. It has not been organized and final decisions have not been made, but it is useful in two ways: understand my thinking as I work towards developing this course; and for the resources cited.

        Thanks for asking! Happy Holidays!
        Jerry
        Message 4 of 4 , Dec 19, 2012
          I just don't know what is it called. Lol thank u Jerry

          Sent from my iPhone