Response to 3TreeO's 11.14.12 Status Report

  • lum_jerry
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 15, 2012
      Crystal and the rest of 3TreeO, thanks for being the first to post your weekly (minimum) status report. It demonstrates not only an overall management approach, but also an anticipatory one that is realistic.

      As for the long branches that you all seek, since fall is turning to winter, many people are pruning back their trees. The utility companies are trimming branches away from their power lines. While you may be able to identify and secure these unwanted materials from others, there is always the issue of transporting them to your site. Perhaps in your design discussions, you can determine the maximum length that can be accommodated in your modes of transportation; and a way of connecting pieces to create any desire length beyond this maximum transportable length. The carefully designed and crafted joints will be another significant layer of your built tectonic language.

      Also, if you need inspiration, provocation, and prompts to finalize any aspect of your design, just ask me (and fellow students) in class or via the internet.

      Lastly, during these last three weeks, check the weather forecasts daily to adjust to Mother Nature. While we all have great interest in successfully completing our final projects, remember that safety is first. Just checking the weather now, Friday-Sunday looks like rain!

      Wishing you all well,
      Jerry