Reminder for this Thursday

  • lum_jerry
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 8, 2005
      Although I know that you have read and remembered this from our
      Syllabus, please bring in today's collage (collage no.1) and your
      written statement to class this Thursday together with the following:

      new and well-crafted 8.5-inch x 11-inch color collage based upon
      collage no.1
      one b/w photocopy of collage no.2 to focus on composition, balance of
      values, and organization/ordering algorithms

      Collage no. 2 should address the following:

      What is my message related to the topic "body + soul?"

      What is my evolving visual hierarchical language?

      What elements are essential to my "message?" Consider line, shape,
      texture, space, size, value and color.

      How might I combine and group my elements together to deepen and
      support my message?

      How am I visually translating my ideas?

      Where are my primary, secondary, and tertiary aspects of my visual
      language?

      Why am I selecting this element, cutting it out in this particular
      manner, and positioning it here in my composition?

      What are the overall qualities I wish to convey and will others
      perceive my work in this manner?

      Have I paid careful attention to the following:
      A good layout: does what you set out to do!
      A good layout organizes: maps out a visual path for reader to
      follow--it shows what comes first, second, third, etc.
      A good layout attracts: grabs your readers' attention and pulls them
      into your piece
      Balance: an equal distribution of weight
      Rhythm: a pattern created by repeating elements that are varied
      Emphasis: what stands out most gets noticed first
      Unity: all the elements look like they belong together