UC Bound?

  • Jerry Lum
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 1, 2009
      On Thursday, October 8th, you and your students are invited to hear a panel of students from U.C. Berkeley, talk about their experiences as community college transfer students. These five students didn't think they could do it, but did. They will share their insights and struggles about the financial, academic and cultural challenges they experienced, such as being a working student, finding the right support networks, understanding the university culture, etcetera.

      We hope you will encourage students, particularly in your basic skills level classes to attend, to hear from students themselves. We hope this will be an inspiration to us all. There will also be time for Q&A from the audience and resources to share.

      * Please RSVP and let me know if you are bringing a class or offering credit, so we can plan adequate seating.

      Event: "Math E to U.C.? Think you can't transfer to U.C.? Come and listen to students who did."

      When: Thursday, October 8, 2009
      12:30 PM - 2:00 PM

      Where: Diego Rivera Theater

      Contact: Lynda Hirose (lhirose@...) or Leti Silva (lsilva@...)

      Presented by the Multicultural Infusion Project and Latino/a Services Network