Re: [AQ_NFS] Advanced Focus

  • Margaret Thompson
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 7, 2012
      I hope I am understanding what you are try to do. If this isn't right just
      ignore it.

      When I want to see what citations there are for a source I would choose the
      source "New Brunswick Marriage Certificates" from the source list under
      Edit. Then I would click on the Citations button at the bottom of the
      window. Then you can see all the entries where this source is cited. In the
      box on the right hand side of the window you can see if there is anything
      attached to the citation and the name of the entry.

      (This is one of the greatest features of AQ) I really like the way it
      handles sources and citations.

      Hope this helps.

      Margaret

      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 8, 2012
        Hello Margaret,

        Thanks for responding. I was accually trying to use Advance Search to isolate all the individuals with that source, so that I could check them. The way you suggested is far better. Although I had edited source names before, I ignored the other buttons.

        What you suggested gives me all the data without opening each one individually. The only item I am not clear on, is the Link* which are indexed as either B or E. I can't see anything in the help file to explain this.

        Thanks again. Cleadie B

        PS - Still haven't figured out why Advanced  Search only picked up 6 entries of the hundreds that in in my data base, :-(