Re: [AQ_NFS] (unknown)

    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 3, 2012
      Thanks for the reply.  As they used to say in Leadership meetings - "When all else fails read the manual."
      Although when I read it, I misread it. Thanks for getting me to take a closer look.

      From: Cleadie B <cleadieb@...>
      To: "AQ_NFS@yahoogroups.com" <AQ_NFS@yahoogroups.com>
      Subject: [AQ_NFS] (unknown)

      Although I have had AQ for some time, I have used it in PAF mode until this
      past year. Since converting to full AQ mode I have done no book printing (all
      notes and sources) until a couple of days ago.I
      In PAF I can use a ~ to mark a note that I do not want to be printed. I find
      this does not work that way in AQ. Since I have this sort of note in several
      thousand files I hope I don't have to revert to PAF.

      Is this feature in AQ? If so how is it activated?

    • mkitchen@juno.com
      Message 2 of 7 , Dec 13, 2012
        Using Tree Connect: copy the extracted or indexed data from the site and paste it into the notes. That way, even if the site goes down (say in 10 or 50 years) the information will still be good.

        Please note: message attached

        From: Cleadie B <cleadieb@...>
        To: "AQ_NFS@yahoogroups.com" <AQ_NFS@yahoogroups.com>
        Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2012 07:25:58 -0800 (PST)

        Message 3 of 7 , Dec 13, 2012
          Thanks for the reply. This is what I have been doing, but I wasn't sure if their URL should be left in the space as well as the data from the source.

          From: Cleadie B <cleadieb@...>
          To: "AQ_NFS@yahoogroups.com" <AQ_NFS@yahoogroups.com>
          Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2012 07:25:58 -0800 (PST)

        • mkitchen@juno.com
          Message 4 of 7 , Jan 10, 2013
            Get Satisfaction is a good place to recommend improvement to FamilySearch products. If you send feedback and click that you are giving a suggestion for improvement, you will be directed to Get Satisfaction. It is like a forum where you can read other's suggestions. The product teams will have someone, maybe even the manager, read and reply.
            Merlin Kitchen

            Please note: message attached

            From: Cleadie B <cleadieb@...>
            To: "AQ_NFS@yahoogroups.com" <AQ_NFS@yahoogroups.com>