NFS Errors

  • knight57
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 15, 2012
      Has anybody else had literaly thousands of errors show up in Database Check/Repair after syncing with NFS, I come up with 10500 errors in NFS section and many errors in the scrapbook section where links were deleted or changed to a different persons record, a real mess. Checked my earlier backups when I had just started syncing and still had lots of errors
    • Mike St. Clair
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 16, 2012
        I never had this problem when I stick with AQ, but I do use the
        FamilyInsight Place editor from time to time and after doing so I have
        to do an AQ check/repair once before it's clean again. There must be
        something the two companies aren't completely consistent about in the
        NFS section.

        Mike St. Clair

        On 2/15/2012 8:23 PM, knight57 wrote:

        > Has anybody else had literaly thousands of errors show up in Database
        > Check/Repair after syncing with NFS, I come up with 10500 errors in
        > NFS section and many errors in the scrapbook section where links were
        > deleted or changed to a different persons record, a real mess. Checked
        > my earlier backups when I had just started syncing and still had lots
        > of errors

      • William Knight
        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 16, 2012
          Think you right, when back to clean backup (Oct) ran check/repair and had 0 errors, linked one person to NFS and ended up with 5 errors, guess I am not going to use the NFS for now. To bad since it is a good feature

          ________________________________
          I never had this problem when I stick with AQ, but I do use the
          FamilyInsight Place editor from time to time and after doing so I have
          to do an AQ check/repair once before it's clean again.  There must be
          something the two companies aren't completely consistent about in the
          NFS section.

          Mike St. Clair

          On 2/15/2012 8:23 PM, knight57 wrote:

          > Has anybody else had literaly thousands of errors show up in Database
          > Check/Repair after syncing with NFS, I come up with 10500 errors in
          > NFS section and many errors in the scrapbook section where links were
          > deleted or changed to a different persons record, a real mess. Checked
          > my earlier backups when I had just started syncing and still had lots
          > of errors

        • Jerry Barrett
          Message 4 of 5 , Feb 16, 2012
            William,

            I use the sync option with newFamilySearch all the time, and do not get the
            errors you are reporting.

            I would recommend that you contact AQ support, and have them take a look at
            your file.

            It would be a shame to not be able to leverage that tool.

            Jerry
            Taylorsville, UT

            Message 5 of 5 , Feb 16, 2012
              I use the sync option all the time in NFS and have no problem. Think
              the suggestion of contacting AQ support is a good one. Beryl