Re: [AQ_NFS] correcting places

  • Bill Buchanan
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 24, 2012
      In PAF, Tools menu > Global Search and Replace will allow you to do this.
      But create a new backup beforehand or use File > Save As to make a copy of
      your database. Definitely ask for a list of changes, because some of them
      will be unexpected, and you will need to review them.

      Bill Buchanan

      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 25, 2012
        Thanks for the tip.

        I was hoping to be able to use AQ's method of making corrections, but I wanted to keep the file in PAF.

        For some unknown reason AQ will not make a proper webpage when I am using "all individuals" rather than family groups. When I click on "Selected Families and Individuals"it shows the first page as blank, except for the control buttons. (Families works properly.) So for this project I must stay with PAF.

        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 25, 2012
          Try reloading AQ, I use the (All Individuals) to create my website and it works fine, make sure you have coverted the PAF to AQ

          Message 4 of 5 , Jan 25, 2012
            Thanks for the reply.

            I have reloaded AQ  several times. Moved it to two new computers (originally on XP, then Vista, now Win 7) using the old download. I then download the program new for each machine.

            I have used the AQ file migrated from PAF, and used a PAF file in AQ without changing it to AQ. Neither worked properly in making an All Individuals site.

            I cannot see anything in Preference to change that may cause this problem - so for now I am working a PAF file in AQ un-migrated, so I can use the Individual view to check for typos, etc. I make the website from PAF.