correcting places

    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 24, 2012
      I have been using a PAF file in AQ. The Replace/Names/Dates/Places section is blanked out under Edit, as The Quick Entry (Advance) under Tools. Will these not work when using the PAF program in PAF?

    • Bill Buchanan
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 24, 2012
        In PAF, Tools menu > Global Search and Replace will allow you to do this.
        But create a new backup beforehand or use File > Save As to make a copy of
        your database. Definitely ask for a list of changes, because some of them
        will be unexpected, and you will need to review them.

        Bill Buchanan

        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 25, 2012
          Thanks for the tip.

          I was hoping to be able to use AQ's method of making corrections, but I wanted to keep the file in PAF.

          For some unknown reason AQ will not make a proper webpage when I am using "all individuals" rather than family groups. When I click on "Selected Families and Individuals"it shows the first page as blank, except for the control buttons. (Families works properly.) So for this project I must stay with PAF.

          Message 4 of 5 , Jan 25, 2012
            Try reloading AQ, I use the (All Individuals) to create my website and it works fine, make sure you have coverted the PAF to AQ

            Message 5 of 5 , Jan 25, 2012
              Thanks for the reply.

              I have reloaded AQ  several times. Moved it to two new computers (originally on XP, then Vista, now Win 7) using the old download. I then download the program new for each machine.

              I have used the AQ file migrated from PAF, and used a PAF file in AQ without changing it to AQ. Neither worked properly in making an All Individuals site.

              I cannot see anything in Preference to change that may cause this problem - so for now I am working a PAF file in AQ un-migrated, so I can use the Individual view to check for typos, etc. I make the website from PAF.